Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

97 polaris sltx 1050 won't start!

i have a 97 polaris sltx 1050 and last season i updated the ignition, put a used lr module in because I had to use the bilge pump button to get good spark witch never fixed the problem! redid the top end everything in the ebox is how it should be! rebuilt the 3 carbs new fuel lines and put new gaskets on the motor! its has good compression and leak down test come out good! i just dont understand what could be cause this problem! i did notice i pinched the blue wire coming from the cdi in the box but the wire looks ok ! I checked all the grounds and everything is good. Now my bilge pump won't even turn on! I Just don't know what to test or do but I need this thing running again
    PLEASE HELP!!!

Anyone come on I know someone can help me

start with checking the spark on all cylinders with spark tester (finger), prime carbs with a touch of fuel, maintain battery voltage above 10.8 while cranking, check fuel lines for fuel, fuel selector cloggled?, check wiring diagram for blue wire short? What is it for?

blue wiire is the hall effect sensor for the CEN cylinder. If you have spark then it's still okay. with or without bilge button pressed.

i dont have any spark rite! i am only getting 10.2 volts at the cdi while cranking with the second brand new battery
    so i think the battery is fine and theres something else wrong! what could cause the cdi to get low voltage like that
    besides a weak battery??

OK come on guys, i have 10.8 volts while cranking to the battery but by time it gets to the cdi i am only getting 10.2 what could cause the
    volts to drop like that?? could it be the lr module is bad, but when i pressed the bilge button it should bypass the lr module
    rite?? so that's leading me to believe the problem is somewhere else! what else is in the middle of the battery and the cdi where can
    i start checking should i just start testing the whole ignition system even though i replaced almost everything already. all i know is i need
    to get this thing running!!

check voltage at CDI with and without bilge on. Is there a difference? Start checking all your grounds and get the battery charged. You should have 12+ volts at the battery to do the testing. It will also tell you if you're really getting a voltage drop.

Ok ill will do that after work and I will let you know what I find out

well i think i maid a mistaked testing the cdi voltage while cranking, i just noticed ive been testing the red and purple wire coming from the stator into the chip board
    i tested the red and purple wire coming off the cdi and im getting 6 volts am i testing the wrong wires?? but when i was testing the wires coming from the stator
    while cranking without the bilge pump it was cranking at 10.4 and as soon as i hit the bilge button is went up to 10.7- 10.8!

With the e box open you should be able to use the red/purple connector on the board where it plugs in. Do you have all the wiring hooked up or are you disconnecting anything? All the red/purple wires should have same voltage. Correct me if I'm wrong - anyone. But if the voltage jumps up with bilge button press and pump running I think your voltage regulator is possibly bad. do some searches on testing regulator, you'll find plenty of diagnostic info.

Check your spark while holding the bilge button down and cranking at the same time? Any spark? battery has to be above 10.6 I believe to begin with while cranking. Get the battery charged so you can see if a 12.?? battery is still showing 10.4 volts without bilge on. Then try with bilge running while the battery is still charged good if regulator is bad the voltage will jump up to the higher battery voltage.

Start looking for a regulator on ebay or here.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information