+1

running my GP1300R on a garden hose

Hi new to the hulk.I bought a 1300r at the end of last year.Only ran twice.Has good compression and runs great.I know this ski is direct drive.When I run this ski on the hose it makes what I consider strange sounds.I dont believe they are engine noise.Will the pump or other items make these sounds because they are not submerged?

+1
    Yes. Gprs make crazy noises out of the water. Try putting marine grease in the fitting on the head towards the back of the motor. greasing that on mine stopped allot my noises. Pinch the grease hose towards the end of it down in the ski, then pump till it gets there, then let go and pump it a couple times, feel the hose, the hose will get harder to pinch when you get grease in it. It will blow the seal out if you pump too much so just go a pump at a time. Usually wont need more than 3 to 5

+1
    thank you for the quick reply fivespeedsteed any great advice.The grease job helped it.The impeller is a little dinged up want change it soon.The repair manual I have says you need to replace seals bearings etc when changing impeller.Is this true.I know sometimes they want you to buy parts when you really can get away reusing the old ones.I wonder will a dealer really replace the seals etc on an impeller change?Of course they recommend to bring it to them.Along with an arm and a leg.

+1
    There is no reason to change anything else when you change an impeller, unless something is broken or bad. The factory may say that because some people would only be changing an impeller because it was worn out or really damaged badly, which may indicate other things worn out too.

Thread Information