Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trouble with number one piston!!!! Please help

I have a 2000 gp1200r with a fresh motor. While riding this past Saturday at wot it completely shut down. After I came to a stop I restarted and idled to the side of the lake, about 10 seconds. Once I got it on the trailer I pulled the plugs and had no compression in the front cylinder. I pulled the head and found a hole in the piston on the exhaust side edge. I also noticed the piston and head were white in color. Only on the number one piston. Motor only has about 10 hrs on it. Anyone had this problem or know what caused it? No oil in front cylinder maybe? Please help

+1
    Well if that dosent spell out "heat" or "lean" then I don't know what does. Air leak is my guess, did you pressure test the motor?

I don't even know what that means or where to start

+1
    It is very hard to do this over the internet so lets start by you posting pics of what it looks like now. Did you build the motor?

Well I'm doin all of this from my iPhone and can't figure out how to post pics so I'm stuck there. And no I didn't build it. I bought the ski from my dad who bought it blown up and bought a new motor from I believe sbt

+1
    Then he prob just dropped the motor in there like most and never found out why the first one blew. Or at least thats what it sounds like.

When he bought it the previous owner had put motor oil in instead of 2 stroke oil. We flushed the tank and the lines and dropped the motor in

+1
    First thing first. it is a fresh motor from SBT then it is under warrenty. call them right away and get it replace. Fast they will not replace it if it is even a day order the warrently date.

SBT pressure test their motor before it shipped so it should not be a leak at the egine crank seal. I will guess the leak is from carb.
    and if the previous owner premix the wrong motor oil it would be in the carb too.

Let me clarify this. The motor was purchased a Lil over 2 years ago and was never lined out till this year. Ended up needing carbs rebuilt as well. We all have seadoos so the Yamaha sat on the back burner for 2 years. I finally decided to finish it this year so needless to say there is no warranty. It's also not premix. And can anyone tell me how to tell if the pistons are stock? They have "A" on them but also have 010-829

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meversole6 View Post
    Let me clarify this. The motor was purchased a Lil over 2 years ago and was never lined out till this year. Ended up needing carbs rebuilt as well. We all have seadoos so the Yamaha sat on the back burner for 2 years. I finally decided to finish it this year so needless to say there is no warranty. It's also not premix. And can anyone tell me how to tell if the pistons are stock? They have "A" on them but also have 010-829
    sbt bores all their motors if i am not mistaken. and if it sat for two years the fuel is wasted and prob looks like brown sugar inside the carbs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information