Thread: RED WHALE SIGHTING in Arizona...
01-25-2007, 08:48 PM #1
RED WHALE SIGHTING in Arizona...
She's a biggun all right. Ever heard a trailer scream?
Pictures goin here....
01-25-2007, 08:51 PM #2
01-25-2007, 08:58 PM #3
is all I can say! Man that Ski looks Great! I'm about ready to take
a plane over to AZ and ask for a ride!! Nothing from my dealer yet!!
Enjoy! Do give us the GPS readings ASAP!!!
01-25-2007, 09:02 PM #4
Hey, Mark: How is the steering? A couple of the show skis seem to have a bit of slop at the steering head.
01-25-2007, 09:06 PM #5
FIRST IMPRESSIONS on the trailer.
- I dub thee..... LITTLE RED COW.
- -Looks BIG from the sides, looks normal front/rear.
- -The rub rails are dangerous. There is a sharp lip on the underside that runs from back to front. It acts like a knife edge on your hands, if you try and adjust the ski on the trailer. I see a recall in it's future after some sliced up hands.
- -The security key is absolutely fuggin retarded...no, scratch that. That would be an insult to the learning disabled. It's worse than that. I could bitch all night, but you get the point.
- -Gauges are too small. No way you will see them at speed. Gas gauge is tough to read.
- -It is a bear to work on. That extended warranty might be in my future, if the engine doesn't magically POP out of the hull and land in something else.
- -The red looks good. Real good.
- -The body panels look like body panels. I don't understand what the fuss was about. You picky nerds need to ride more and worry less!
- -Boarding step is a welcome site to my bad back and bad knee.
- -Ergonomically, the seat slides you forward. Probably will hold you nice under power.
- -Very, very quiet at idle, and rips nice and quick. I'll try and get a sound bite.
- Storage is extraordinary. I could carry two midgets and a small horse in that front compartment. Take the inner storage out, and I could put a herd of monkeys in there.
- Not a lot of flat places to mount my GPS or fishfinder. Might have to do some specialty clamps on it.
- Steering seems much tighter than the one at Havasu. Still rocks a tad, but nothing like that crappy one at WF.
- Keel is very deep, but the inner strakes are VERY close together, which should yield some high speeds once more power is applied.
- Sponsons are of a stepped design. It might be tough to beat the performance of these, unless they are actually made to slow it down. They look like they have a flat place in front, and a cut out in rear.
- I can't belive this thing has cup holders. HA HA HA HA HA.
- Reverse seems stiff. Probably loosen up.
- Too cold outside to rip it open and look for air hose routing.
- Did'nt see a bilge pump. That is an oversight on my part.
01-25-2007, 09:19 PM #6
"Storage is extraordinary. I could carry two midgets and a small horse in that front compartment. Take the inner storage out, and I could put a herd of monkeys in there."
01-25-2007, 10:02 PM #7
Looks great Mark. I like the Red !!
I noticed that the spark plug wires still don't have the outer layer of insulation or protective shielding (or whatever it is) going all the way up to the plug boots. Actually the gap on yours is the largest I've seen. I guess this wasn't the problem with the wire recall.
I'm sure your Red Cow will give a Moo of content when she's on her new trailer next Tuesday. Her butt is hanging too far off the rear of the trailer she's on...must be uncomfortable.
Is there anyway the inner edge of the rub rails can be sanded to dull the sharp edge?
Time to get the hair dryer out and get rid of the wallpaper warning stickers !!
Ride it Safe !!
01-25-2007, 10:27 PM #8Is there anyway the inner edge of the rub rails can be sanded to dull the sharp edge?
01-25-2007, 10:42 PM #9SeaDoocerGuest
The ski looks great!!! Nice color...I was drooling at WF's..but, the trailer does it no justice! lol
01-25-2007, 11:09 PM #10
That is beyond HUGE! It's a friggen monster Is the trailer fender and tire rubbing? If not, it will when you hit a bump.
I ended up getting a 3500 lb torsion axle and built a sub frame to get more clearance between my fender and tire when I started carrying my 2 pigs (RXP and GTX-SC) on my double trailer.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 12-21-2005, 08:58 AM
By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 11-14-2005, 09:38 PM
By two2curupt in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2005, 12:55 PM
By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2005, 09:22 PM
By CRAZEDRXP in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 05-07-2005, 07:27 PM