frozen flywheel ..

got a flywheel on a 99 polaris slh 700 domestic motor that will not come off.... anyone got any clue how to get it off? im clueless as of right now.

+1
    try a little heat to soften the locktite

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy069 View Post
    got a flywheel on a 99 polaris slh 700 domestic motor that will not come off.... anyone got any clue how to get it off? im clueless as of right now.
    Have you tried a flywheel puller? Heat helps, but be careful not to heat too much and damage crank seals...

+1
    I know the Fuji engine (blue) flywheels are on TIGHT! I've pulled a few and they took work. I use a "loaner" balancer puller kit... similar to this one at Harbor Freight:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/46-piec...set-37824.html

I use lots of PBblaster and a little heat on the flywheel around the crank. Then use a big breaker bar on the puller bolt... cranking it way past comfortable into the "this is gonna break" territory. I also wrap on the flywheel pretty good with a hard rubber mallet while it's under pressure. Then it finally pops and scares the crap out of me. First time it popped off and fell to the ground and onto my foot. I've since learned to be ready for it. haha.

Good luck!

Yeah, if you have never pulled one your going to be surprised, even if you have you'll be surprised, sounds like a 22LR going off in your garage. I know people think Im crazy but I used a long snout bar-b-q lighter to heat around the crank snout while I had pressure on the flywheel, it heated up the loctite but wasnt to hot to hurt the stator,although u have to hold it for several min at a time. Your going to have to crank in to the epic porportions to get it off, I thought for sure I was going to break the puller when I took mine off.

Banned User
    +1
    Use the harbor freight puller. A little heat on the crank snout and good torque on the puller and it will come off. As long as you are in there, replace the front crank seal. Its in the flywheel cover and only takes a few more bolts to get it off and change it. You will have to re seal the housing to the front of the motor then.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Use the harbor freight puller. A little heat on the crank snout and good torque on the puller and it will come off. As long as you are in there, replace the front crank seal. Its in the flywheel cover and only takes a few more bolts to get it off and change it. You will have to re seal the housing to the front of the motor then.
    wha wha wait what? I split the cases to replace the front crank seal and I didn't have to?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    wha wha wait what? I split the cases to replace the front crank seal and I didn't have to?
    In Fuji world you have to split the cases. Domestics have the front seal in the flywheel housing.

Thread Information