Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Seeking advice to upgrade my new 2011 FZS

Newbie to this forum. Seeking some advise. I just purchased a new ECU programed to R1 by R&D. Will i need to change my supercharger impeller or shall it work fine with my stock? If not, out of the R&D C1 or RIVA E1 impeller which should i purchase? If i have to change my supercharger impeller, would i have to do additional upgrades such as, engine breather kit, engine cooling kit, boost clamp etc.... Will the ECU bypass the speed limiter? Any advise will be grateful. Thanks

Upgrades done: Riva Stage one ( Performance power filter kit, Intake manifold upgrade kit, free flow exhaust kit, pump seal kit, stainless steel intake grate, Pro-series dynafly impeller, performance ride plate), Pro series water box, blow off valve kit.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AmishFZS View Post
    Newbie to this forum. Seeking some advise. I just purchased a new ECU programed to R1 by R&D. Will i need to change my supercharger impeller or shall it work fine with my stock? If not, out of the R&D C1 or RIVA E1 impeller which should i purchase? If i have to change my supercharger impeller, would i have to do additional upgrades such as, engine breather kit, engine cooling kit, boost clamp etc.... Will the ECU bypass the speed limiter? Any advise will be grateful. Thanks

Upgrades done: Riva Stage one ( Performance power filter kit, Intake manifold upgrade kit, free flow exhaust kit, pump seal kit, stainless steel intake grate, Pro-series dynafly impeller, performance ride plate), Pro series water box, blow off valve kit.
    with a stock wheel your stock supercharger shaft is fine if you add more boost i recommend you change the shaft.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Jim, your advise is highly appreciated, thanks. Which other upgrades would you advise me at this point in time? I would prefer not to get into the fuel pressure regulator and all for the time being. Goal is to reach about 75 miles and increase bottom end acceleration.

+1
    With the reflash there is no need for a boost clamp.
    If you upgrade the wheel check out the ET LOW BOOST WHEEL.
    Also,dumping the oem intercooler is always a good upgrade.

6. +1 by:

+1
    sweet, thanks... I shall look into it when i place my order next. Hence if i upgrade the oem intercooler, i would have to switch my blow off valve?

+1
    Additional advise... the ECU that i have purchased is from a friends 2012 fzr, i just got advised that since his ECU (programed by R&D to R1) has been programed to the upgrades he has done, which is stage 2.5 and other upgrades, it can probably mess up my ski. Would it really effect my ski or would it work? or would i have to send my stock ECU to R&D to program it to the upgrades that i have done. I would like to increase my RPMS and over ride the limiter. Please advise.

my Upgrades done: Riva Stage one ( Performance power filter kit, Intake manifold upgrade kit, free flow exhaust kit, pump seal kit, stainless steel intake grate, Pro-series dynafly impeller, performance ride plate), Pro series water box, blow off valve kit.

+1
    You should be fine. You can run an R3 on a stock ski and be fine, just have to use the proper octane. Later if you do more mods for $175 you can send the R1 in to R&D and have them change it for you. Thats what I did, I bought an R1 because I got a great deal on it and then sent it into R&D and now I have an R3.

As for your BOV, if you get the Fizzle intercooler (what I have and recommend) you will have to specify whether you want a Greddy or HKS flange on the intercooler. If you already have the HKS from the Riva BOV kit all you do is transfer that BOV to the intercooler... once again, what I did. You will then have an extra pipe to sell.

10. +1 by:

+1
    I live in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania (Africa), our fuel here is crap, we using 87-89 octane at the most.... the advise i had got was from Riva store in Florida where i purchased my ski from and where my friend got his upgrades done. Riva guys said that i would either mess up my ski Using my friends ECU since it would be mapped to his upgrades, could this be true? As per the forums i have read and the R&D website, it states that R1 could be used for stock and my friend for sure has R1. Thats why i have become slightly skeptical not wanting to ruin my waverunner.

Regarding the BOV, i have the BOV with the silicone hose replacing the stock hose. I am trying to avoid getting into stage two at the moment.

+1

+1
    Here is what R&D says about the R1:

Part #802-01801 R&D R1 ECU; Reprogrammed ECU to allow up to 8450 RPM’s, Raised Boost limiter to allow up to 18 pounds boost, and upgraded ignition timing safe for all recreational and offshore racing use. R1 works great with stock, C1, C3, or C5 Monster Wheel Kits, or any wheel kit rated up to 18 pounds of boost. 89 octane safe with stock and C1 wheels, 91 octane pump fuel use is recommended for C3 and C5. The R1 program file does not require a Powershot Fuel Tuner for use with C1 and C3 Monster Wheels

R&D says that it is safe for stock and C1 wheels with 89 octane. I think if you use the best gas you can get then you will be fine. I am not familiar with how octane is rated in Tanzania, but I know that ratings are not universal around the globe. Your 89 octane could very well be identical to a US 93 Octane grade, just rated differently. I would do some research on this first to see!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information