Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

new to this site and im about to buy 2005 seadoo rxt. any advice?

Howdy y'all, I am new to this site. I am from north texas (dfw area) I used to own 2006 seadoo rxp for short time but a freaking supercharger blew, the pieces got into the engine it was not caught in time it ruined and need rebuild (almost 5,000 to do rebuild) but I heard mostly it happen around 100 hours or abuse too much. but the rxp I used to had was only 17 hours!

The reason I asking y'all is I am about to buy 2005 seadoo rxt at good price that I can't beat (not too good to be true) just very good deal. She has 75 hours on it and runs well, idle stay at in the range 2k rpm. sofar everything looking good that I know of beside few common dock rash but I haven't rev her up full throttle or test int he lake yet. before I give the lady cash I want to do test on the lake and check few stuff to make sure but how can I tell if supercharger still good or bad? I'm deaf and there any other way beside able to hear the different?

That rxt I am about to buy it

+1
    Sorry for the newbie noob question I just want to make sure it won't happen again like my old rxp.

+1
    Well it most likely has the ceramic washers in there that need to be changed as soon as you buy it because they will let go and you will be right back in the same position you where with your last boat. Also you are getting close to the 100 hour charger rebuild so while you are changing those supercharger washers out you might want to consider a rebuild on it.
    Just keep that in mind while you make her a offer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinstang View Post
    Well it most likely has the ceramic washers in there that need to be changed as soon as you buy it because they will let go and you will be right back in the same position you where with your last boat. Also you are getting close to the 100 hour charger rebuild so while you are changing those supercharger washers out you might want to consider a rebuild on it.
    Just keep that in mind while you make her a offer.
    What he said, and maybe check out the carbon seal since it is 7 years old.

+1
    I have read on here once or twice that 05 seadoo 4tec are known to have problem with the exhaust valves breaking as a result of rust forming on the valves.
    A little condensation left in the motor leads to the rust on valve stem and then the valve sticks and breaks.
    Not saying don't buy it but if the motor was not fogged prior to being put in storage it may be a future headache for you.

+1
    Thanks for the advice. When I went there to pick up today, the rxp was stored in the carport when I turn the engine on I noticed the water came out its like she haven't flush it out after use dose that sound red flag to anybody? But the water look clear not like dirty or orangish as sign of rust just clear water look like it was few days ago also the oil looks normal not milky. And I noticed she has closed loop cooling system (their own coling system without use the lake or salt water) it confused me why the water came out from the behind like that?

Anyway, I did not bought it today because the title havent arrived, she told me she is the original owner but lost title a while ago so she file for lost title two weeks ago and should arrived sometimes this week.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    check out the carbon seal
    How do I able to check it out? I'm new to 4 stroke, this rxt will be my second 4 stroke I own.

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    will she let you test in on the water for a ride? i would...if she says no then something is not right. at least pull the supercharger intake and make sure the impeller doesnt spin, carbon seal has to be checked on the water running with the seat off. that way you can maybe see where water is coming in at. how much $$$?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sHALlow View Post
    will she let you test in on the water for a ride? i would...if she says no then something is not right. at least pull the supercharger intake and make sure the impeller doesnt spin, carbon seal has to be checked on the water running with the seat off. that way you can maybe see where water is coming in at. how much $$$?
    Yes that what I am plan to do before I give her the cash I will test on the water for 10-15 min to make sure there no warning light go on or leak in the hull. How do I pull supercharger intake? What tools do I need to bring if I do that?

She want 5k at first but I got her down to 4k. she don't want to sell less but after found out that she lost the title so had to file for lost tile and I happen the one who willing to wait for two weeks that how she willing to cut me a deal to 4k for make me wait that long.

1. The "closed loop cooling" is for the engine. The exhaust cooling is still open loop (pulling in water from the lake/ocean).

2. Recently had a friend walk me through the supercharger overhaul process on my ski. Removing the supercharger doesn't require any specialty tools, but may take a while depending on your mechanical abilities. Several hoses/connections have to be removed first. The actual rebuild of the supercharger DOES require several specialty tools, including a hydraulic press to remove/reinstall some parts. Now that I've seen it done, it's not particularly difficult (if you have the tools). Rebuild kit is about $300-320. I think you can buy all of the tools for about $50-100, excluding the shop press, or you could mail in to Jerry (site owner) and he'll rebuild for $75+shipping. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information