Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Cool Recommendations for Tampa area

I am a new member, I am looking at buying a new PWC in the next coming months. Been doing my research before I buy though .

Is there a particular dealer in the Tampa area that is highly recommended for sales and/or service? I see that Cahills might have some nice customer service. I was going to make a trip out to Barney's in Brandon this weekend, but after this thread I am not sure it is even worth it. Are the other Barney's, St. Pete and Brooksville, just as bad? Anyone have any service experience with Tampa Motorsports over on Florida Ave?

I am looking preferably for a sea-doo.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafanatic26 View Post
    I am a new member, I am looking at buying a new PWC in the next coming months. Been doing my research before I buy though .

Is there a particular dealer in the Tampa area that is highly recommended for sales and/or service? I see that Cahills might have some nice customer service. I was going to make a trip out to Barney's in Brandon this weekend, but after this thread I am not sure it is even worth it. Are the other Barney's, St. Pete and Brooksville, just as bad? Anyone have any service experience with Tampa Motorsports over on Florida Ave?

Welcome to the forum, I have bought all my ski's from Barneys in St. Pete they treated me very well and worked with the price of the ski.

+1
    Thank you for the welcome, and the response .

Have you, or anyone else for that matter, had any service experience with them (Barney's St. Pete)?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Thank you for the welcome, and the response .

Have you, or anyone else for that matter, had any service experience with them (Barney's St. Pete)?
    i had a warranty issue on my ski that they took care of it in a couple days.

+1
    Yea...I bought from Barneys St. Pete and have nothing but good to say about them. I have only used their service department once for the 10 hour maintenance but the buying experience was excellent. Just be sure you get a sales guy that knows PWCs. Some know more about them than others which is typical. Their online inventory tool is very good. Once you have settled on what you want, shop other dealers to keep the price competitive and then purchase from Barneys if they match or get close.

Be clear. You can buy from one dealer and take it to for service to another dealer for warranty service and you can certainly maintenance it yourself or take it to a non dealer without hurting your warranty as long as you document and keep the receipts of the items you buy.

+1
    Thanks! I am just trying to compare all the different places around Tampa. I am reading different YellowPages reviews, and google reviews, and all these other places and they all have mixed comments. The ones that praise it seems to be fabbed up and too focused on Barneys and their great selection with amazing financing.. but yet all I keep reading are complaints everywhere else - for both Brandon and St. Pete. Just needed some inputs from individuals that have actually dealt with dealers/service centers in this area. Other than the mandated 10hr maintenance check for warranty I don't plan on taking it much to service centers for work. I'll just take care of that at home, that's half the fun!

+1
    I have been dealing with Cycle Springs and sending members there also. It is refreshing to see the owners of the business have a hands on approach to selling and customer service. They have supported our club at our events with demo rides and giveaways. We are having an event August 3-5 and they will have skis to demo if you are interested check out the links below. Just make sure you are happy with who you are dealing with, if you don't like them go somewhere else. They should try and make the sale by giving you all the information they can not by pressuring you by making a deal that has to be done today. Hopefully I will see you out on the water, good luck

+1
    Seems like a sturdy place, I'll probably be taking a trip out to some dealers this weekend - getting some quotes and doing some comparative shopping. Cycle springs shall be included! Does that shop have an individual I should be looking for that is more focused on the Skis than another? Or are all employees there (Cycle Springs) knowledgeable on skis?

+1
    They have a great staff but you can ask for Noel (pronounced Nole) if he is there and tell him Ken from the Tampa club sent you in and you are looking for the best salesman for his skis. He has new and some nice used ones as well.

Trouble at Barneys

I am a new member and also know virtually nothing about Skis!! As Barneys of Brandon are a Platinum Dealer (joke) I recently took my Seadoo XP to have them check out water coming into the hull. The ski had been running OK but filling with water. Basically the bill just went up and up until $1300 later I got the ski back put it in the water and it ran like a pig!! This was supposedly after a carb rebuild & 2 lake tests each costing $150. I complained and was told it was my fault because it had sat in their yard for two weeks and the gas had gone off. They also installed a new battery when it didnt need one and failed to look at two other items I wanted fixed. I would not go anywhere near this dealer ever again.
    By the way my neighbor fixed the poor running problem for a Beer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information