Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Candoo question

+1

Candoo question

I can only activate the coils/injectors & read the cluster..

http://forums.candoopro.com/forums/s...ecu-and-Candoo

+1
    Just in case you cant open the link, it say's,

"Will I need to install an OEM ecu to do anything with candoo? I currently have the rotax stock class ecu now & it say it can't find ecu. I know you cant write to the rotax but it seems I can't doo anything at the moment except read the cluster.. I have an 07 RXT
    "

Not to distract your thread or anything Jim, but a guy or two in here were telling me that a candoo would most likely help me find the problem on my ski....still running like it did before I borrowed your MAP sensor
    Didn't realize you owned one....with that in mind, what do you think about the candoo devices?

Sean

i thought the can doo or buds didnt work with the rotax racing ecu

+1
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post

+1
    not sure it works on SDC ecu either. my friend/customer borrowed my Candoo and says it wont read the ecu.

+1
    Correct, Like I said, I know it can't write to rotax but wasn't sure if it would read whats on it.. I do know if you start by using the OEM ecu & then leave buds hooked up while swapping out to the rotax ecu you can read the ecu but can't clear it..

Just to clarify, the Rotax Racing ECU's don't have anything to read on them, and don't use the stock ECU TPS routine, so even if you could read them, there is no point in doing so as there is nothing to read. (they left out the entire diagnostics software that the OEM ECU's have in them). Just to reiterate, Rotax Racing ECU's do not respond to either Candoopro or BUDS. Also, it is NOT advisable to try to start BUDS or Candoopro with a stock ECU and try to swap out the ECU's live, as this is a good way to blow both your stock ECU and the Rotax ECU, and there is no reason to try this trick as there is nothing to read on the Rotax ECU.

We have had some reports that some SDC ECU's have the diagnostics inside, others don't. We don't have enough direct experience with the SDC ECU's, so we cannot guarantee it will work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Not to distract your thread or anything Jim, but a guy or two in here were telling me that a candoo would most likely help me find the problem on my ski....still running like it did before I borrowed your MAP sensor
    Didn't realize you owned one....with that in mind, what do you think about the candoo devices?

Sean
    Sorry you haven't had a good experience. The Candoopro system gives you insight into everything the ECU reports, and there are lots of things that can go wrong that the ECU has no visibility into. It is a tool to help you troubleshoot problems, and we have helped hundreds of guys fix their skis. This includes a large number of guys with little or no mechanical knowledge, and includes a lot of guys that have taken their skis to dealers, and ended up buying a Candoopo system since the dealer(s) couldn't fix the problem.

What is your issue?

+1
    1+ no toolbox should be without the ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    Sorry you haven't had a good experience. The Candoopro system gives you insight into everything the ECU reports, and there are lots of things that can go wrong that the ECU has no visibility into. It is a tool to help you troubleshoot problems, and we have helped hundreds of guys fix their skis. This includes a large number of guys with little or no mechanical knowledge, and includes a lot of guys that have taken their skis to dealers, and ended up buying a Candoopo system since the dealer(s) couldn't fix the problem.

What is your issue?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information