Yamaha Stock Speeds?

Just wanted to know the stock speeds y'all are getting on your skis. My 2001 stock GP1200R top speed is 72 MPH on wind chop water.

thats dream o meter, they vary too much and aren't accurate, have to gps to get an accurate speed.

Sorry I probably should have stated that I did use a GPS now I know alot of you are gonna say that's impossible but 72 MPH no lie.

Banned User
    +1
    Mine did 78 with a troll on the back barefootin

I'd verify with another gps, i hate to burst your bubble but unless you bought that machine and believe its stock while it's actually modified, then there's not way. I'm not trying to be negative here, but a gp12r probably runs 62-64 on a good day, not to mention you're dealing with an 01, so i'm sure the hull is a little worn, as well as the wear ring and the engine itself. My boat runs about a consistent 72, (i know it has more in it, but its set up for chop), and look at the list of mods I have; plus mine did about 67 out of the box. But hey if it feels fast to you then ride it! And if not then get reading! So welcome, also, where in mass are you located?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GP1200R Rider View Post
    Just wanted to know the stock speeds y'all are getting on your skis. My 2001 stock GP1200R top speed is 72 MPH on wind chop water.
    Check your GPS.

Hahaha would he be helping or barefoot skiing?

Yeah I'll probably try another GPS but I'm positive when we bought it the guy said it was stock but it's currently getting a custom paint job and an engine rebuild with a "D" plate and chip and some waveeater clips.
    I'm also located near the barstable area.

yea i would have to see some video footage of that , cause that would be amazing...i know when i had my 05 1300r that it was out of the box fast, i raced 6-7 1300's ranging from 04-06 and wasted all of them buy boat lengths..everyone swore i had something done to that ski but it was just a great stock performer. Even beat one of the seadoo 215's by a ski length(only one i ever raced, my brother said he raced one and lost by a boat length(and when i say boat im just referring to ski length)...idk why this thing performed so well but it definitely did.

haha theres defiantly one in every bunch but im always beating all the sea-bums by like 5 ski lengths :P right now its not letting me upload pics so im probably not going to post a video any time soon.... I'll see if i can get my hands on another GPS after the rebuild to verify but it might not be the same because its not really the same engine.

Thread Information