Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rxp 2005 Rpm

Rxp 2005 Rpm

Hi, I have bought a brand new 2005 RXP. I have done about 17 hours and recently it feels like im not quite getting the power out of it as i used too. I took note today of the RPM's and they get as high as 6400 but not over. Does this sound right for a standard RXP? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    nope...should reach 8100-8150....bet your supercharger clutch is gone....don't run it anymore till you check it out.

search for supercharger clutch or washers. this is a major issue for the superchargers..

Quote Originally Posted by Atliens View Post
    Hi, I have bought a brand new 2005 RXP. I have done about 17 hours and recently it feels like im not quite getting the power out of it as i used too. I took note today of the RPM's and they get as high as 6400 but not over. Does this sound right for a standard RXP? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
    DO NOT run the ski anymore!!

that 6400 rpms is a classic symptom of supercharger clutch failure. depends on how long you rode it while it was "broke" but the ceramic clutchs on your supercharger probably disintagrated and went through your engine. if this is the case you need to bring the ski to reputable dealership to have the engine torn apart and oil pumps cleaned. if the pumps are not cleaned out and they just replace the supercharger the cermaic debris will destroy your oil pumps causing engine failure in the near future.

there is a small possibility that they are still intact and on the shaft. if they are, you are very lucky. you just need the replcement supercharger kit and get these metal clutchs so this doesnt happen again..

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...a698376f9088b1

Your stock RXP should be able to turn 8000 rpms (+/- 100). 6400 RPMS's seems to be the max number when the supercharger clutches go out

I hope this isn't the case. Dont ride it and if it's still under warranty have your dealer check it out.

WOW... thanks for the replies. I probably used it for a couples of hours like that. When i was cleaning it off afterwards i noticed a little streak of oil accross the top of the engine. Is this related? I have only had it for two months I assume it would still be under warranty? Thanks Guys

WOW... thanks for the replies. I probably used it for a couples of hours like that. When i was cleaning it off afterwards i noticed a little streak of oil accross the top of the engine. Is this related? I have only had it for two months I assume it would still be under warranty? Thanks Guys
    Did you buy an 05 new just a few months ago? If so, your warranty should be good for one year after the registration. Did you purchase the BEST extended warranty? If so, you are in good shape for up to 3 more years after that. Unfortunately, a couple of hours of riding did a good amount of damage.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    please please please search the site....as most if not all dealers will NOT properly fix this anymore. They'll just change the washers and the oil (i think at BRP directive). They need to be "encouraged" to tackle the problem properly

+1
    . I probably used it for a couples of hours like that.
    Your oil pumps will be trashed and in need of replacement. It's a very good thing you have warranty.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    where do you live?

6400 is the EVIL number, I know from experience. sorry dude...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information