Eastside trailer shops?

Can anyone recommend a shop on the Eastside (Kirkland/Bothell/Woodinville/Redmond) for trailer maintenance? Want to get the wheel bearings repacked. Found a couple places through some internet searches, and absent any comments on good/bad places will probably take it to Kirshner in Woodinville since they're the closest I could find. Or can any auto shop handle this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Midd1994; 06-29-2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: spelling

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Midd1994 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a shop on the Eastside (Kirkland/Bothell/Woodinville/Redmond) for trailer maintenance? Want to get the wheel bearings repacked. Found a couple places through some internet searches, and absent any comments on good/bad places will probably take it to Kirshner in Woodinville since they're the closest I could find. Or can any auto shop handle this?

Thanks.
    Sup Sam!

Just take it to the local service station/shop - it's very simple to repack wheel bearings ... well, it's alot more simple than putting oil into an 05 RXT, anyway.

A child of five would understand this. Go get one. pierowman's Avatar
    +1
    How much are they charging? I need to do this. Was thinking it might be cheeper to just buy a new hub.

Haven't yet contacted any shops, but will report back when I hear more. I have Bearing Buddies on my trailer, but haven't had them repacked since I bought it. Wouldn't be surprised if I need new bearings, but also wouldn't be surprised if all they have to do is clean out the old grease and repack with new. We'll see. No observed issues yet, but last season was my first time launching in salt water, and the trailer's now about 6 years old, etc.

Also, I was figuring that a trailer shop would be far more likely to have the specific parts on hand (or know how to get them quickly), whereas a general auto shop might take longer to pull it all together. And since I don't know much about any regular auto shops in my area (other than the dealers and a specialty Subaru shop), I'd be picking one of them out of the yellow pages anyway.

A child of five would understand this. Go get one. pierowman's Avatar
    +1
    Mine actually leak, i just keep putting more grease in. The farther i travel the more grease i loose. Bearing Buddies are great thats what i have. To tell you the truth i never even thought about repacking it. My trailer is 11 yrs old. never repacked it.

Kirshner's is going to charge $75 for my single-axle Shoreland'r. I mentioned I have Bearing Buddies and he made the comment that they really dislike those. Said with BB's you really should add maybe one pump of grease every 1,000 miles or so, but that most people cram them full, which then blows out the inner seal. I do know mine we overfilled last year, since I wasn't watching when a friend did the work, but I think the inner seals were intact.

If I was only driving a few miles to/from the ramp I might not worry so much, but with 60 mile drives between Monroe & Tacoma at highway speeds, I'd rather not have any issues with my trailer.

One of the seals was weeping a bit, so glad I did some maintenance on the hubs/bearings. Seals replaced and bearings cleaned and repacked with marine-grade grease. Total bill at Kirshner's Trailer Sales in Woodinville - $75 labor + $9 parts + tax. Just over $90 total. Peace of mind = priceless. (Or actually I guess peace of mind is equal to the blue-book value of my ski + trailer! )

Thread Information