Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Broken or angled to much plate

Does anyone have a broken R&D/RIVA plate for a GPR or XLT that I could experiment with. Looking to mod a plate for the HONDA, but everyone(All slow honda guys) except for Jim & myself say its a waste of time. We on the other hand think its feasible but I need a speed plate to experiment with, measure etc. I'm willing to pay shipping etc. Just really want speed for the Honda F-12X. Thanks all. Below is my thread on PWCTODAY where people think I'm crazy.

Thanks

Mike

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=99193

+1
    I do all of my initial experimenting with OEM GPR plates - they can be purchased cheap and they behave very similarily to a R&D plate

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrownline View Post
    Does anyone have a broken R&D/RIVA plate for a GPR or XLT that I could experiment with. Looking to mod a plate for the HONDA, but everyone(All slow honda guys) except for Jim & myself say its a waste of time. We on the other hand think its feasible but I need a speed plate to experiment with, measure etc. I'm willing to pay shipping etc. Just really want speed for the Honda F-12X. Thanks all. Below is my thread on PWCTODAY where people think I'm crazy.

Thanks

Mike

I think it could work. I did see someone on here that broke their plate..... I forgot what post but I did see it! They even had a pic of the break.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcrownline View Post

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

It would be best to do as Phillip suggest and mod a stocker. More than likely, you would have to modify bolt hole patterns, plate length and the dead rise angles (angled sides of your plate) my be different if you use a plate from a different boat. All these things complicate the issue.

You would simplify the process by just making sure that your stocker is flat and true where it needs to be, and straight everywhere. After that, then you start working on changing the plate angle. Changing the angle in 10 thousandths increments is the ticket.

Yamaha and Honda mass produce these boats, and as such sacrifice efficiency in each boat for numbers of boats. The GPR's & Xlt's that you read about on this forum are flying today because they are CUSTOM jobs. Their owners paid very close attention to detail rather than to the nay sayers. We encourage testing here. People across the country and literally around the world have shared their information to make the GPR/Xlt platform what it is. Trust me, no one got their boats to the crazy speeds reported on their own.

That's what you Honda guys need to do.

The modified ride plate is no magic bullet to awsome speed, just the first step (although a big step) to a faster boat.

Go for it, and let us know your progress.

Salty.

The stock plates have been modded not its time to try a new approach. I'm fully aware of whats involved in modifying the plates with regards to the holes etc. What i want to do is look into a R&D/Riva plate for any other ski and see if some of the technology can be introduced into the honda plate. And it may end up being a Kaw 750SS/XI plate that is the most similar. But right now I only have experience with a XLL plate and a Honda plate. The diff between the R&D and stock plate for the XLL is huge. So thats where my process wants to go. I'm not trying to compete with Kerry and the rest of the boys in speed. Trying to get bolt ons on a Honda that will be good for 4/5/6 MPH. Props & Grates are available for the Honda, what is lacking is a PLATE. so if i laid the GPR or XLT plate side by side to the honda, measured the flat surface, took the plate to get fabricated to what i think is a good angle then go testing. The Macboost will be unplugged, these are all tests based on 165HP of the stock motor. If you read my post on PWCTODAY you'll see that I've asked about every trick available for mostly yamaha skis. But some things should be universal.

Thanks

Phillip,

I had never thought of a stock plate b/c the stocker on the XLL was just a plain V. It looks like the stock GPR is very similar to the R&D without the extension. Is that correct?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    The stock gpr ride plate is similar to the new riva one but does not have the extension.

WE HAVE A RIDEPLATE MOD FOR THE STOCK HONDA RIDEPLATE!!! feedback we received from florida gained over 2 mph on the turbo.

Island,

Is it just angling? If so I may be interested if I can't get anywhere with my idea. Price??

Also, if anu of you have a R&D/RIVA plate for a XLT or GPR plate and could give some detailed measurements that'd be great too. Preferably, width, length of body of plate, length of plate center including extension, width of extension. laying the plate face up. middle height front, middle height back (that should give angle of plate) . Thanks

RED, Give me a call when your ready.
    These guys down in FL have some pretty fast hondas running lotsa boost. Ive had to bend some seriously tall impellers for these guys ( 20/37 ) out of the already tall 18/30.
    I cant go into specific detail but im modding a plate for one now with some SFA ( serious F$#King angle )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information