Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FX SHO Speed

+1

FX SHO Speed

Hey guys, just wondering about something. I bought a 2009 FX SHO with 18hrs on it. My speedometer reads 75-77 when I'm at top speed. Obviously I believe I'm not going that fast, but my friends 2008 FX SHO only reads about 65-67 at top speed and he weighs 50lbs less than me. I can pull away from him easily when racing. I can also pull away from my friends 2011 FZR easily. I've let other people ride the ski and they said if it's stock it's the fastest stock ski they've been on. No reliable GPS data yet, only cell phone GPS which said 71mph. I bought the ski used but I can't find any modifications that may be producing this oddity (ride plate, intake grate..etc). Is their anyway the ski may have a reflashed ECU causing this ? How would I be able to tell if it did ?

Thanks

+1
    what was the highest rpm were you getting ,,what was the rpm at wot?????

Quote Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering about something. I bought a 2009 FX SHO with 18hrs on it. My speedometer reads 75-77 when I'm at top speed. Obviously I believe I'm not going that fast, but my friends 2008 FX SHO only reads about 65-67 at top speed and he weighs 50lbs less than me. I can pull away from him easily when racing. I can also pull away from my friends 2011 FZR easily. I've let other people ride the ski and they said if it's stock it's the fastest stock ski they've been on. No reliable GPS data yet, only cell phone GPS which said 71mph. I bought the ski used but I can't find any modifications that may be producing this oddity (ride plate, intake grate..etc). Is their anyway the ski may have a reflashed ECU causing this ? How would I be able to tell if it did ?

Thanks

+1
    I didn't pay any attention to the rpm, that would be something I could compare against the other ski's as well. I'll check that out tomorrow, what is normal for top rpm on a stock ski ?

+1
    about 7200 -7500 max if you r getting over that its not stock , i recon it has free flow manifold up grade , supercharger wheel up grade mabe exhaust upgrade and ecu reflash ,, most of this u cant see except the exhaust,,, has it got about two big plastic things right at the back of the ski or does a 3inch pipe go straght from water box (big silver barrel at the back) to the out let exhaust ???

+1
    It's got stock exhaust, it still has all the plastic baffles in it. As far as the other stuff I don't know. I'll check my rpm tomorrow and see what it says.

+1
    I don't remember who it was that said it, but I'll borrow their saying: If I had a stock ski that ran 71 on gps I'd frame that bish!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiestar View Post
    about 7200 -7500 max if you r getting over that its not stock , i recon it has free flow manifold up grade , supercharger wheel up grade mabe exhaust upgrade and ecu reflash ,, most of this u cant see except the exhaust,,, has it got about two big plastic things right at the back of the ski or does a 3inch pipe go straght from water box (big silver barrel at the back) to the out let exhaust ???
    Stock rev limit is 7750

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Thats 1_FAST_SHO jajaja for being stock. Let us know how it goes.

+1
    The GPS was on a cell phone so I doubt it was seriously accurate. Is it possible my speedometer is over 10 mph off, if so that still doesn't explain how I can pull away from the other skis, we'll see tomorrow when I check my RPM.

+1
    Ok guys I couldn't wait, I put it in the water this afternoon, perfect conditions, water was like glass. With a real GPS I recorded a top speed of 68.13 mph at what looked to be about 7,600-7,700 rpm. My digital speedometer was reading 74 mph. Do these numbers sound more like a stock ski ? My friends SHO would only do 65.34 mph and the FZR would do 67.04 mph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information