Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WANTED Polaris ignition update kit 2873091 900cc triple no spark

Trying to help a friend back in wisconsin.

has a 97 sl 900 with no spark.. its at a small time do it all repair shop up in the north woods of wisconsin. they tell him to replace cdi, but i don't know if its all been tested properly.

obviously best thing that could happen to the ski is to get the updated ignition system kit..

anyone got one??

The skis is in awesome shape and kept dry and clean, the keep their toys in top shape ( i was their tech for atv/sleds/ski's when i lived in wi and worked at large dealership )

How about a good CDI Box to go with original stator setup?????
    anyone?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The update kits are available new from any Polaris parts seller.

Parts sources list via my signature links.

www.Watcon.com is in Janesville, WI

buddy said the kit is on backorder with no signs of a release date anytime soon?? maybe i should call my local polaris connection to find out forsure..

side note: with the 4010447 cdi work with the original stator setup? or is it wired different and only for the updated ignition??

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx711 View Post
    buddy said the kit is on backorder with no signs of a release date anytime soon?? maybe i should call my local polaris connection to find out forsure..

side note: with the 4010447 cdi work with the original stator setup? or is it wired different and only for the updated ignition??
    Updated Generation III stator required to work with Gen III CDI. Cannot mix original and updated ignition systems.

I just ordered the same 2873091 Update Kit from Babbitts on July 3. Have not yet received the shipment notice yet, so it will be interesting to see if the kit status changes to back ordered.

yes, i'd prefer it if he just stuck in the update kit..

the shop working on it states everything else tested out to spec, so only possibility is cdi box...

i'm looking at a 96 sl900 ski local for a few hundred hopefully today, if i spin it over and see spark its coming home asap..

i just missed a complete electronics box that sold for 175, then searched and found another box that sold for 400!! warm weather must be alot of failures this week.. all 900/1050 electronics on ebay are selling like hotcakes now!!

I've got a #4060137 from a 1996 SL900 in perfect working order. The stator wires had been spliced and when I got a new stator it was the upgrade so I had to replace the CDI. Make me a realistic offer on it and I can have it in the mail Monday morning USPS priority. I'm near Cincinnati OH so it should be there by Wednesday at the latest. Paypal accepted.

Tracy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0364.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	276662  

so was it ever confirmed as a good cdi? that is the first cdi box part # it was superceeded by 170 then 180.. i'd prefer a new version
    i missed a part # 170 cdi box on ebay that sold for 75 plus ship..
    whats reasonable to you?? i've seen prices all over the board on these parts lately on ebay..

The stator wires had a male/female connector spliced in and I replaced it only for that reason. It ran perfectly with that cdi/stator. According to this info from Polaris, the updated units have the same specs as the 137 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=180381 . I'll ship it priority for $100, and guarantee it works or your money back. I will photograph it though prior to shipping for identifying marks just to protect myself, or I can list it on ebay with a buy-it-now and we're both protected.

Tracy

the specs differ some according to that thread..
    the 137 was superceeded by the 170 then that was superceeded by 180..
    whenever the cdi's change part numbers there is going to be some differences inside with the programming.

but anyways i'd probably be interested in that deal
    ebay would be best
    just make it a private auction my user id is supercycleshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information