Please Help BRAND NEW MSX 110 problem!!!!

Hi this is a brand new ski!!!! Never run, its a pre production 2004 ski missing the ECU only, i have another 110 and put the ecu on and it shows 0.2 hours, its never had fuel in it either! I checked all fluids put fuel in. She fired up but dies almost immediately and check engine light comes on sometimes, she will keep idling if you keep pushing the start button? So basically she fire up runs then stops...its like as soon as you stop cranking it turns the fuel pump off or ignition?

Newman Lake, WA
    Wow! Where do you score a find like that?

I'm guessing you checked all the fluids and have fresh gas in it?

There is a learning procedure in the Service Manual for when a new ECU is replaced. Give this a shot...
    ETB Learning Procedure
    The ECU must perform the ECU / ETB learning procedure when ever the ECU or ETB is replaced with a new
    part. During the procedure, the ECU sweeps the throttle plate from full open to full close and “learns” the unique
    characteristics of the ETB.
    1. Engine must be OFF, and lanyard removed from stop switch.
    2. The PPU must be at absolute 0. (Increase the throttle flipper cable freeplay to ensure PPU is set to
    absolute zero and that cable is not kinked.)
    3. Verify the battery voltage is at or above 10.1 Vdc, and that the engine temp. is between 42 and 176_F.
    The outside ambient temp. must be at least 42_F.
    4. Install the new ETB or ECU.
    5. Insert the lanyard into the stop switch for AT LEAST 30 seconds.
    6. Remove lanyard and wait for AT LEAST 2 minutes.
    7. Insert lanyard and re--start engine. Re--set the throttle flipper cable freeplay to what it was prior to
    performing process.

Good luck! I want to see pictures!

Thread Information