Thread: Powervalve help

Powervalve help

Guys i have been working in the back of my 04 Gpr today, had the exhaust out etc
    Anyway when i put it all back and run the motor all was fine except i DO NOT HEAR the POWERVALVES extend and retract 30 seconds after switching off . They do extent and retract imediately after switch off ( but not 30 sec later)
    It states in the Worshop manual that it should

WHERE SHOULD I LOOK
    Last edited by yamahajetpilot; 01-26-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahajetpilot View Post
    Guys i have been working in the back of my 04 Gpr today, had the exhaust out etc
    Anyway when i put it all back and run the motor all was fine except i DO NOT HEAR the POWERVALVES extend and retract 30 seconds after switching off . They do extent and retract imediately after switch off ( but not 30 sec later)
    It states in the Worshop manual that it should

WHERE SHOULD I LOOK
    I noticed the same thing on mine the last time I pulled things apart. All seamed OK after. The real check is that they move above approx 5000 rpm. So next time out run it with the seat off for a little while. Better than reving the nuts of the thing under no load.

+1
    If there was a problem with the motor or connections, the check engine light would come on after you start it up.

Fire it up and let it idle for a minute or two. Then dont pull the lanyard, but push the stop button instead. Wait a few moments and you should hear the valves cycle off and on.

WFO

Dont have any warning lights as i have taken my clocks off

Do you know if this circuit is connect to the bilge pump,

I can hear a ticking noizes in the engine compartment when enging is off ie a Timer, but no 2nd pulse on the pwervales, when you pull the lanyard

THE VALES Move manually and you can see the shafts move when it hits some revs, i do hear a very quick cyle when the engine is turned off

HAVE TRIED PULLING THE LANYARD AND REDSWITCH
    Last edited by yamahajetpilot; 01-26-2007 at 02:41 PM.

+1
    No the bilge is seperate. If you pull the lanyard the valves wont cycle (if I remember correctly)

You may be ok. Hard to tell without a cluster tho

You can pull the PV motor boot back and pin the throttle. You should see it move then.

+1
    The PV motors on these skis are notorious for crapping out. If you remove the motor and separate the housing halves, you'll notice that it is not sealed very well at all from the factory. The circuit board will have all kind of corrosion on it, particularly where the power and ground wires solder to the board.

If you don't intend to go gas valves, I'd suggest sealing the perimeter of the housing with silicone. Lots of us have found out the hard way that this is required.

Thread Information