Thread: B1 impeller?

+1

B1 impeller?

I know once i change my supercharger impeller from my stock to either E1 or ET low/high boost impeller, i would have to (better if i do) replace my supercharger dampener and the shaft. Would i have to do the same if i replace my stock with the B1 impeller?

2011 FZS - Upgrades done: Riva Stage one ( Performance power filter kit, Intake manifold upgrade kit, free flow exhaust kit, pump seal kit, stainless steel intake grate, Pro-series dynafly impeller, performance ride plate), Pro series water box, blow off valve kit. ( waiting for flashed R1 ECU)

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AmishFZS View Post
    I know once i change my supercharger impeller from my stock to either E1 or ET low/high boost impeller, i would have to (better if i do) replace my supercharger dampener and the shaft. Would i have to do the same if i replace my stock with the B1 impeller?

2011 FZS - Upgrades done: Riva Stage one ( Performance power filter kit, Intake manifold upgrade kit, free flow exhaust kit, pump seal kit, stainless steel intake grate, Pro-series dynafly impeller, performance ride plate), Pro series water box, blow off valve kit. ( waiting for flashed R1 ECU)
    to be safe yes.

+1
    thanks jim, then i might as well get the E1. I am just intimidated by the process of replacing the super charger dampener.

+1
    its fairly simple, remove the oil, remove the oil pump, draw the shaft out the old gear drop the new one in put the pump on and fill with oil.

+1
    quick question... i was told in order to change the super charger gear dampener i would have to remove my engine from the watercraft... is that true?

Personally I would say not to spend the money, my friends back up supercharger has a b1 wheel. He is spinning over 9000rpm and it has never had a problem with this wheel. Now the supercharger is on another ski that has a r3 reflash, it's been there for a couple of months and not a single problem.

Not true! read the sticky on how to change clutch and its all in there...

+1
    awsome, thanks

+1
    dont be worried about doing the dampener. did it last weekend took me about 4 hours in a gpr hull. very straight forward, my hardest part was the oil line bolt under the manifold. putting that thing back on was a bitch without losing the seal washers (non magnetic btw). but its very simple. good luck

+1
    lol... you made is sound so simple... hehehe... surely its eased my mind to tackle this job... appreciate it.

Thread Information