Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Getting more air into the hull....

I'm new to the forum, but definitely not new to engine work. I've very recently acquired a new to me 07 RXP. I've since did all the maintenance required to bring it up to spec. Only 60 hours but its already got new plugs, solenoid, fresh oil, fresh wax, among many other things. I'm now interested in modifying it, squeezing a little more untapped potential from the powerplant. Like most of my cars, the first thing I do is make it breathe better. I'm planning on getting a kanaflex 4" filter and riva free flow exhaust. Was wondering how I could get better airflow into the hull to make the mod worthwhile.. Saw a few members talking about it. Just don't know the process.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPwrD View Post
    I'm new to the forum, but definitely not new to engine work. I've very recently acquired a new to me 07 RXP. I've since did all the maintenance required to bring it up to spec. Only 60 hours but its already got new plugs, solenoid, fresh oil, fresh wax, among many other things. I'm now interested in modifying it, squeezing a little more untapped potential from the powerplant. Like most of my cars, the first thing I do is make it breathe better. I'm planning on getting a kanaflex 4" filter and riva free flow exhaust. Was wondering how I could get better airflow into the hull to make the mod worthwhile.. Saw a few members talking about it. Just don't know the process.

Remove ALL OEM VENTING AND TUBING...

Mount the Kanaflex up near the triangle opening near the front of the seat...

Rear vent tube that attaches to the removable cowel, cut it in half and mount a 3" Attwood marine fan to SUCK air out...Connect it to a relay setup that runs off direct battery power and is triggered off the MPEM, usually a purple wire...

Rear vent tube?? You mean the one under the seat in the back??

Yes. You can also install flow rites. They let the hot air inside the hull escape

What are good places to install the flo-rites. It kinda scares me to put holes into a boat. Just wondering where they could be placed to vent hot air into ambient without worrying about sucking water in. I see most people put them in front of the seat beside the front vent. Does this let a lot of water in if the ski gets turned over?? I let friends borrow the ski all the time, don't know how many times they might flip it in a day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPwrD View Post
    What are good places to install the flo-rites. It kinda scares me to put holes into a boat. Just wondering where they could be placed to vent hot air into ambient without worrying about sucking water in. I see most people put them in front of the seat beside the front vent. Does this let a lot of water in if the ski gets turned over?? I let friends borrow the ski all the time, don't know how many times they might flip it in a day.

Danny gave you perfect advice on your setup question. I want to interject with some unsolicited advice of my own based on your statement.

The best way to ruin a friendship is to let your friends mistreat your belongings. Your friends will fuck up your ski in a heartbeat and it will drain your wallet fast. This forum is filled with threads that start with "Help! My friend was riding my ski and..." It is your hard earned money and you choose how to spend it but please keep this in mind for yourself. Many of us have learned the hard way, you don't have to.

+1
    The best way to ruin a friendship is to let your friends mistreat your belongings. Your friends will fuck up your ski in a heartbeat and it will drain your wallet fast. This forum is filled with threads that start with "Help! My friend was riding my ski and..." It is your hard earned money and you choose how to spend it but please keep this in mind for yourself. Many of us have learned the hard way, you don't have to.[/QUOTE]

Man I can fill that anger on your words! Lol but I agree with you 100%

+1
    Asking a man to ride his ski is like asking to try out his girl.

+1
    Check out frogzskin

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    Asking a man to ride his ski is like asking to try out his girl
    Theirs something wrong with asking that ......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information