New RXT-X Maintenance?

After owning a GP1200R and GP1300R, I am looking to buy a new ski.

I am currently between the RXT-X and the Kawa 300x because I'm a large guy (6'8 280) and I want the ability to ride 2up with my girlfriend occasionally. The 300x seems to have more power, storage, and stock features (cruise, no-wake, boarding step, etc)... but the styling of the RXT-X appeals to me more, plus I would like the brake and easy reverse functionality.

I will be riding mostly on the rivers of Pittsburgh for the 5-6 month season, only on weekends.

I know that the SC now only needs rebuilt every 200 hours on the RXT-X, but what does the rest of the maintenance look like? How often will I need to be taking it to the dealer for service, if my riding looks like I noted above?

I'd appreciate any help!

+1
    I don't know the maintenance schedule on the 300x but the RXTX is good for at least 200 before the SC rebuild as you said. Most skis go +300 hrs in a life time.
    My buddy who is 350 lbs just bought a 300LX. We were even off the line, then I smoked him once we got up around 65 mph. I'm modded(175 lbs) - he is not.
    His storage compartment really isn't that much bigger. His glove box is wayyy smaller(where I store all the little shit).
    The reverse on his ski is VERY clunky and stiff. IT LEANS!!!!
    I'm not really knocking his ski. I like the color/hull design. I just really like mine better.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    I don't know the maintenance schedule on the 300x but the RXTX is good for at least 200 before the SC rebuild as you said. Most skis go +300 hrs in a life time.
    My buddy who is 350 lbs just bought a 300LX. We were even off the line, then I smoked him once we got up around 65 mph. I'm modded(175 lbs) - he is not.
    His storage compartment really isn't that much bigger. His glove box is wayyy smaller(where I store all the little shit).
    The reverse on his ski is VERY clunky and stiff. IT LEANS!!!!
    I'm not really knocking his ski. I like the color/hull design. I just really like mine better.
    That's what I was thinking about the storage... it looks like they have lots of extra room in the bow compartment if you remove the bucket, but that would be a pain to have to go digging inside while on the water.

I also read bad things about that left leaning

What about maintenance besides the SC on the RXT-X? Is it basically just an oil change and pump oil change every season and that's it? (besides SC at 200 hours)

+1
    Yup plugs/oil/pump grease annually. That's about it.
    Oh yea, my buddy is very "round"...we were hanging out and he went to grab something out of the front storage bin - HE COULDN'T REACH IT!!!!! LOL
    I laugh because he was saying how much storage it had. Who cares if you can only get to it when you're beached/docked. So of coarse I had to bust his stones...

oh yea....GO STEELERS!

Thread Information