Cheap low RPM vibration fix for 300x

This does not affect all 300s, however I had a small annoyance with a vibration coming from the waterbox I could feel/hear while idling at low RPM. I tried adding different materials for padding under the waterbox with mixed results until one day I came across a pair of silicone pot holders that looked perfect. $8 for a pair of black silicone pot holders rated up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit. I used a little silicone to adhere them to the waterbox tray and so far they have worked amazing, the low RPM vibration is absolutely gone. Anyway, if you have that vibration these are cheap enough to try. I got them here http://www.surlatable.com/product/PR...Grid-Potholder

jax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0005 (copy).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	275966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0058.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	275967  

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    !
    Quote Originally Posted by OC_JAX View Post
    This does not affect all 300s, however I had a small annoyance with a vibration coming from the waterbox I could feel/hear while idling at low RPM. I tried adding different materials for padding under the waterbox with mixed results until one day I came across a pair of silicone pot holders that looked perfect. $8 for a pair of black silicone pot holders rated up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit. I used a little silicone to adhere them to the waterbox tray and so far they have worked amazing, the low RPM vibration is absolutely gone. Anyway, if you have that vibration these are cheap enough to try. I got them here http://www.surlatable.com/product/PR...Grid-Potholder

jax
    I have been saying this for 12 month's + that thats how I fixed my 300x's vibration , I have even been doing it since my 250x in 2007
    and YES it does affect every 300x as they all mount the same way !
    Glad you found it to

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    !
    I have been saying this for 12 month's + that thats how I fixed my 300x's vibration , I have even been doing it since my 250x in 2007
    and YES it does affect every 300x as the all mount the same way !
    Glad you found it to

Waz
    Yes! I followed your lead after reading some of your posts on the subject. Great info, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Just a word of warning about those silicone mats for the waterbox, make sure they are of the same or very similar thickness because there is a specific CLEARANCE between the waterbox and the exhaust exit pipe, if you look close you will see the two square outlet holes that allows ALL the exhaust cooling water from the pipe to the waterbox, by adding a thicker mat under the waterbox you are reducing what is already a very small clearance to an even smaller one which will in effect restrict the flow from pipe to box which could result in some dire consequences, i think this is why the originals are so thin to start with, when you next change your exhaust filter check it out for yourself !!

+1
    just a tip the exhaust drop pipe actually bottoms out on the water box entry so this will not change the fact

Quote Originally Posted by triple6 View Post
    Just a word of warning about those silicone mats for the waterbox, make sure they are of the same or very similar thickness because there is a specific CLEARANCE between the waterbox and the exhaust exit pipe, if you look close you will see the two square outlet holes that allows ALL the exhaust cooling water from the pipe to the waterbox, by adding a thicker mat under the waterbox you are reducing what is already a very small clearance to an even smaller one which will in effect restrict the flow from pipe to box which could result in some dire consequences, i think this is why the originals are so thin to start with, when you next change your exhaust filter check it out for yourself !!
    Been running these pot holders for well over 20 hours with no issues at all, and these are pretty thick, which is why they work so well.

Thread Information