Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Cheap low RPM vibration fix for 300x

    This does not affect all 300s, however I had a small annoyance with a vibration coming from the waterbox I could feel/hear while idling at low RPM. I tried adding different materials for padding under the waterbox with mixed results until one day I came across a pair of silicone pot holders that looked perfect. $8 for a pair of black silicone pot holders rated up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit. I used a little silicone to adhere them to the waterbox tray and so far they have worked amazing, the low RPM vibration is absolutely gone. Anyway, if you have that vibration these are cheap enough to try. I got them here http://www.surlatable.com/product/PR...Grid-Potholder

    jax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0005 (copy).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	275966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0058.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	275967  


  2. #2
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    !
    Quote Originally Posted by OC_JAX View Post
    This does not affect all 300s, however I had a small annoyance with a vibration coming from the waterbox I could feel/hear while idling at low RPM. I tried adding different materials for padding under the waterbox with mixed results until one day I came across a pair of silicone pot holders that looked perfect. $8 for a pair of black silicone pot holders rated up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit. I used a little silicone to adhere them to the waterbox tray and so far they have worked amazing, the low RPM vibration is absolutely gone. Anyway, if you have that vibration these are cheap enough to try. I got them here http://www.surlatable.com/product/PR...Grid-Potholder

    jax
    I have been saying this for 12 month's + that thats how I fixed my 300x's vibration , I have even been doing it since my 250x in 2007
    and YES it does affect every 300x as they all mount the same way !
    Glad you found it to

    Waz

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    !
    I have been saying this for 12 month's + that thats how I fixed my 300x's vibration , I have even been doing it since my 250x in 2007
    and YES it does affect every 300x as the all mount the same way !
    Glad you found it to

    Waz
    Yes! I followed your lead after reading some of your posts on the subject. Great info, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UNITED KINGDOM / ENGLAND
    Posts
    43
    Just a word of warning about those silicone mats for the waterbox, make sure they are of the same or very similar thickness because there is a specific CLEARANCE between the waterbox and the exhaust exit pipe, if you look close you will see the two square outlet holes that allows ALL the exhaust cooling water from the pipe to the waterbox, by adding a thicker mat under the waterbox you are reducing what is already a very small clearance to an even smaller one which will in effect restrict the flow from pipe to box which could result in some dire consequences, i think this is why the originals are so thin to start with, when you next change your exhaust filter check it out for yourself !!

  5. #5
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    just a tip the exhaust drop pipe actually bottoms out on the water box entry so this will not change the fact

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by triple6 View Post
    Just a word of warning about those silicone mats for the waterbox, make sure they are of the same or very similar thickness because there is a specific CLEARANCE between the waterbox and the exhaust exit pipe, if you look close you will see the two square outlet holes that allows ALL the exhaust cooling water from the pipe to the waterbox, by adding a thicker mat under the waterbox you are reducing what is already a very small clearance to an even smaller one which will in effect restrict the flow from pipe to box which could result in some dire consequences, i think this is why the originals are so thin to start with, when you next change your exhaust filter check it out for yourself !!
    Been running these pot holders for well over 20 hours with no issues at all, and these are pretty thick, which is why they work so well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Yamaha SUV low rpm vibration
    By mgonzo700 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 06:15 AM
  2. oil blowby fix :) / mods in progress for 300x
    By lex08gsr in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 12:51 AM
  3. What should the RPM be at idle out of water for 300x
    By cmexeqtu2 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 09:49 AM
  4. Low RPM, Vibration
    By jamepc in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 11:28 PM
  5. fixing my low rpm's
    By MDGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 08:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •