Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No water coming from pisser

I had my speedometer replaced under warranty on my 2010 Fx HO and now I don't get water from the pisser on the hose. I was told by the dealer they had to remove the exhaust to get to the sensor, would that have anything to do with it? My ski was fine before I had the work done and I always had a good stream from the pisser no matter what angle the ski was at.

Any suggestions? Will my engine overheat? I appreciate any feedback that you can give.

+1
    The pisser is nothing more than a trademark for Yamaha. It has no function apart from letting all around you know you are driving a Yamaha. My guess is they left the hose off. Have a look at the jet outlet on the rear, and look directly above it, you should see a hose going up to the pisser if it's not there or is hanging loose then that's your problem. If its not there then te water will be shooting straight up under the rear deck. It's not a problem but it was designed to come out the pisser hole. A lot of people just put a tap on it so you can turn it off when riding in close quarters with other people.

+1
    Think op meant on the side of hull under the rail. How long did you run it before noticing no water? Checked for water in hull?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    Think op meant on the side of hull under the rail. How long did you run it before noticing no water? Checked for water in hull?
    Yep, since the OP mentioned getting water from the pisser on the hose, that rules out the visibility spout on the rear deck. It's hard to guess what the dealer might have done, I can think of several things - most are straight forward easy fixes. IMO, you need to return your ski to the dealer for follow-up before riding. No water from the side pisser means an engine overheat is in your immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_A View Post
    Yep, since the OP mentioned getting water from the pisser on the hose, that rules out the visibility spout on the rear deck. It's hard to guess what the dealer might have done, I can think of several things - most are straight forward easy fixes. IMO, you need to return your ski to the dealer for follow-up before riding. No water from the side pisser means an engine overheat is in your immediate future.
    Yes I meant the side thank you Kelly I will take it back to them.

+1
    Sorry. Bit of a language difference. Most Aussies call the back thing the pisser! At least that's all ive known it as!

+1
    I would put ut in the water and see if it flows.I never get a good stream off the hose its just not enough pressure.If the water isnt leaking into your hull it should be fine,mabey its just not primed.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle s View Post
    I would put ut in the water and see if it flows.I never get a good stream off the hose its just not enough pressure.If the water isnt leaking into your hull it should be fine,mabey its just not primed.
    STRANGELY enough, I jsut noticed that mine is not pissing water off the port side either when flushing it... I just had the the recall nozzle installed on my VXs, the yama dealer also installed the OEM reboarding step in the rear.

I thought maybe the faucet i was using to flush didn't have enough water pressure when i saw it the other day during flushing, but I think it was working prior to getting the nozzle & step installed... hmmmm. That may explain why as soon as I unhooked the hose from the cooling intake, and waited like 5 seconds to turn off the ski... the temp warning like came on (this has never happened before).

however, I did check it when i was on the lake... it pisses water from under the hull on the port side just fine :/ and no water leak in the hull anywhere when its flushing, stasrt bubbling by the nozzle and pours out like it should. Course I could be wrong, may have never pissed from flushing from that faucet before, and just low water pressure/output (no city water there... just a water tank underground with a pump/filter)

+1
    See what happens if you put some vise grips and clamp the hose shut that goes from the back of the boat(pump intake) to the 3 way splitter.This way when you run the hose all the pressure will go to the motor insted of flowing out the back.I don think the recent work you had done shoud effect anything.

+1
    deleted - duplicate post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information