Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water in hull

Water in hull

I know there is stuff out here on this but for some reason my searching skills suck ass. I get a good amount of water in my hull and I am trying to remedy this as I am about to pull the engine out. I know there is some gasket that is notorious for leaking but for the life of me I can not remember what it is. Anbody out there that can help me out?

I figure it is either that or the gasket on one of my drain plugs is letting water in. I don't see where I am getting water from a cracked hose.

Have you checked your pump shoe?
    Also check the hose connection at the endof the stinger that connects the waterbox.Just a couple of idea's.Hope you find out where it's leaking from.

Quote Originally Posted by subarupartsdude View Post
    Have you checked your pump shoe?
    Also check the hose connection at the endof the stinger that connects the waterbox.Just a couple of idea's.Hope you find out where it's leaking from.
    I have tripple pipes but I will check that when I pull the battery box out. I will get water in it just from floating. It does not need to be running.

+1
    Has your speed went down? Slower speeds and water intrusion usually result in a pump tunnel crack/pump shoe pulling down.Do you run Duckbills? Might check them if so.Also check the ride plate/trim tab brackets inside the hull.Alot of the time,your inserts will spin when you try to tighten them up.You can also run a garden hose in the hull on your driveway and see were the water is coming from.Just jack the front of the boat up pretty high to devert the water to the rear.Obviuosly not too much water towere its running into #3.

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Has your speed went down? Slower speeds and water intrusion usually result in a pump tunnel crack/pump shoe pulling down.Do you run Duckbills? Might check them if so.Also check the ride plate/trim tab brackets inside the hull.Alot of the time,your inserts will spin when you try to tighten them up.You can also run a garden hose in the hull on your driveway and see were the water is coming from.Just jack the front of the boat up pretty high to devert the water to the rear.Obviuosly not too much water towere its running into #3.
    I am going to pull the engine here pretty soon anyway so I wont have to worry about getting any water in the engine. I never thought of filling the hull with water.

This is a 2000. I did not know they had a problem with the pump tunnels cracking. I will check that out also. I have not noticed a significant speed decrease. I am always messing with something on it though.

I have the no spin thing-a-majigs on the rideplate brackets and they are drowning in silocone. That would be irony if that is where is is coming from.

+1
    my ultra was taking on water and it was that dumb little o-ring around the drive shaft!

+1
    Close all your drain plugs. Fill the hull up in a DRY driveway, to the bottom of the carbs. Don't get any water in the carbs!!!! Look underneath for all your leaks...there will be a few.

I had water in my hull twice now. Both times it was still pretty new. The first one was when the nut that holds the pisser on the right side came off and the pisser dropped down in the hull without my knowledge. The second time I had the water intake hose pop off the hull fitting in the rear of the ski. I know thats not your case or you would have noticed that real quick. It could be leaking though.

+1
    Stick your hand in the water right after you ride.If the water is warm,its from the engine/somewere after the water has went through the motor.If its cold,most likely from the pump shoe/tunnel/inserts or cooling line going TO the motor.In most cases.

Also check your exhaust hoses,2" driveshaft hose,and also check the rubber seal on the steering and trim cables that go through the transom.

you guys are awesome...I never would have thought off this stuff. I am out of town working right now (freezing my ass off in Albuquerque) but I plan on pulling the engine next week and I will start checking these things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information