2003 Fault Code 64 YPVS SERVO MOTOR MALFUNCTION Diagnosing?

Hey, I just joined the forum , this is my first post. I just finished up the rebuild on a 2003 GP1300r, history on it was the previous owner thought the oil ran out, results were the engine needing a new crank assembly, and all three cylinders resleeved. I converted it to run premix and replaced the cat with D plate and chip otherwise it's all stock. It runs good except 5 mins into every run I get the check engine light , error code 64 'YPVS SERVO MOTOR MALFUNCTION'. The servo cycles correctly twice when the ignition is stopped . I had installed WaveEaterpower valve couplers and WSM safety links. I did notice that I could not adjust the alignment hole on the YPVS due to the new links maybe preventing full rotation, it's maybe half in alignment, I can't fit a drill bit through to align both with the cables removed. Would this potentially cause this error code? Surely not, the cable freeplay is per the book and the wiring connector is good and clean.??

Pete.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by britpete View Post
    Hey, I just joined the forum , this is my first post. I just finished up the rebuild on a 2003 GP1300r, history on it was the previous owner thought the oil ran out, results were the engine needing a new crank assembly, and all three cylinders resleeved. I converted it to run premix and replaced the cat with D plate and chip otherwise it's all stock. It runs good except 5 mins into every run I get the check engine light , error code 64 'YPVS SERVO MOTOR MALFUNCTION'. The servo cycles correctly twice when the ignition is stopped . I had installed WaveEaterpower valve couplers and WSM safety links. I did notice that I could not adjust the alignment hole on the YPVS due to the new links maybe preventing full rotation, it's maybe half in alignment, I can't fit a drill bit through to align both with the cables removed. Would this potentially cause this error code? Surely not, the cable freeplay is per the book and the wiring connector is good and clean.??

Pete.
    Hello Pete welcome to the forum, check for a corroded connection if that's good most likely bad servo motor.

Thread Information