Exclamation VTS not working, Seadoo RX - PLEASE HELP

Got to the cottage for the Canada Day long weekend and went out on my RX to discover that the VTS has stopped working. Currently it is all the way up for some reason according to the dash. I took a look inside and it appears that there is tons of water dripping into the haul from some sort of black box that looks to be the VTS module (can't really tell though...) leading me to think that water has gotten in. However the strange part is that it only seems to leak when the rear end of the Seadoo is put under weight... Almost as if the water is coming from the lake and not within the VTS motor box...

At a loss here, can't really tell what the problem is. My guess is that water has somehow got into the VTS motor and seized it (i think this because when the VTS down button is pressed, you can hear a click from where the leak is coming from). The water has gotten in due to some sort of seal breakage but that much I dont understand... which seal would break for this to happen? Does my theory sound accurate from the description? Could this possibly still be some sort of electrical problem?

Thanks

Update*

Is in fact dripping where the VTS unit is and it does only drip when weight is put on the rear end of the seadoo in water...... I would assume the motor is seized in this case and one of the seals have broken due to age?

Thanks

there is a rubber boot on the rear trim linkage - rear exterior pump area - that is leaking..

http://www.osdparts.com/index.php?ma...products_id=13

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KYHI View Post
    there is a rubber boot on the rear trim linkage - rear exterior pump area - that is leaking..

i agree and i bet the motor is shot

Makes sense, does that boot kit last longer then the normal OEM one? If so it wouldn't be a bad idea to try... I know this subject is mentioned everyday but I couldn't find much about a leak in the VTS box that was ongoing. So could I get away with just replacing the motor and the boot? Or does the entire unit need to be replaced...

Thanks

Also I read about the MPEM failing when the VTS fails... Is this common? Should I stop using the machine? So far everything seems to run just fine other then the trim...

Thanks

install a new boot and use the plastic clamps - do not know how much damage was done to the VTS unit - but you need to stop the water intrusion..

install a new boot and use the plastic clamps - do not know how much damage was done to the VTS unit - but you need to stop the water intrusion..

A click can be heard when the VTS button is pressed but nothing moves.... Maybe i'll stop using it for now then. Will put that new boot on.

Thanks

Thread Information