Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prop Problem??

Prop Problem??

So I last posted a problem with bogging in my engine. With some of the advice here I was able to fix the bogging problem but now a whole new issue comes up. When I am starting up, the ski goes up to about 10mph and then starts red lining. It is slow to get out of the water. After about 17 mps, it starts to level off and then will hit the top speed of around 58-59 mph. Such an improvement, but it seems that the motor is fine. I think there is a prop issue which is why it isn't able to get completely out of the water. Is there something else that it could be?
    Anyone have any suggestions?

So I have to add another question. If it is a prop, which one should I buy? Everything is stock right now.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    The way you describe it, it sounds more like a cavitation problem. What type of ski is it?

+1
    did you install the pump correctly...seal it , make sure its bolted up flush...sounds like your sucking air from somwhere ???

Thanks for the responses and the suggestions. I have a GP 1300R the year is 2004. the second answer is that I didn't touch the pump at all, so it is the same from the showroom.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by quinn.jeremyz View Post
    Thanks for the responses and the suggestions. I have a GP 1300R the year is 2004. the second answer is that I didn't touch the pump at all, so it is the same from the showroom.
    The problem is the felt seal from the factory wears out and creates an air gap in the pump shoe. If you were to reseal the shoe, you'd reduce of even eliminate the cavitation.

+1
    Did you ever fix this? My 00' GP1200R does the exact same thing and I a trying to find out what the felt seal is and how to fix it.

A child of five would understand this. Go get one. pierowman's Avatar
    +1
    You take the pump off and fill the voids. There are many how toos on this. The felt is between the hull and the pump.

I'm going to try this http://www.hydrotoys.com/gpr/tuners/...Sealing%20.pdf and thank you for the advise. Also going to change prop because of a few dings from sucking up rocks. Prop doesn't look that bad though only minor dings. I bought a solas stainless steel one that is coming in 3-5 business days. I'll keep you updated and thanks again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by quinn.jeremyz View Post
    I'm going to try this http://www.hydrotoys.com/gpr/tuners/...Sealing%20.pdf and thank you for the advise. Also going to change prop because of a few dings from sucking up rocks. Prop doesn't look that bad though only minor dings. I bought a solas stainless steel one that is coming in 3-5 business days. I'll keep you updated and thanks again.
    First time I seen that. I am going to try this as well when I get time. Whats up with the blue tape? Do you have to put the felt there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information