+1

2010 RXT-X SC service (going over 100 hours)

Hey everyone. Well let me say I am ready to hit the water. Been out on a deployment for awhile and heading home soon. I have a 2010 RXT-X 260 w/81hrs on it. Now I am suppose to return home soon, but not in time to pull charge and rebuild before big ride. I am suppose to take a 400 mile, 3 day trip which have ridden before, but with the time, its going to be about a 20+hr trip for the ski. I am going to overshoot the 100 hour service. My question is will my ski go into any type of limp mode and keep me from making the ride. Also, if I overshoot this service by 5 or 10 hours, what do you guys that rebuild these ski think about it? I hate to wait that long, but I just don't have enough time when I get home to pull charger and rebuild. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Hey everyone. Well let me say I am ready to hit the water. Been out on a deployment for awhile and heading home soon. I have a 2010 RXT-X 260 w/81hrs on it. Now I am suppose to return home soon, but not in time to pull charge and rebuild before big ride. I am suppose to take a 400 mile, 3 day trip which have ridden before, but with the time, its going to be about a 20+hr trip for the ski. I am going to overshoot the 100 hour service. My question is will my ski go into any type of limp mode and keep me from making the ride. Also, if I overshoot this service by 5 or 10 hours, what do you guys that rebuild these ski think about it? I hate to wait that long, but I just don't have enough time when I get home to pull charger and rebuild. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
    Light should come on in the dash, should be it, no worries. 5-10 hours over should not cause a problem.

+1
    I rode my 2009 gtx 255hp ski to 138 hours then had the s/c rebuilt.
    You are good to go no worries.
    At 138 hard hours on my gtx 255hp ski the mechanic rebuilt the s/c but told me it really didn't need rebuilt.
    The newer s/c doos are 200 hours before needing a rebuild not 100 hours like the older doos.
    RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT....
    THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!!!

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    just change the oil, fuel and plugs before the ride since its been sitting a while

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    just change the oil, fuel and plugs before the ride since its been sitting a while
    +1

+1
    Thanks guys. Trust me I am def. ready to get home. Now before I left, I changed oil, fogged motor and changed plugs. Do I need to change oil again before this ride? I will be able if all goes as planned to ride it a couple of times before I take the ride. Also, if any of you are interested, check out the PA RiverRunners website to find out about the ride. Its a good time and for very good cause, also come join if you live upper East Coast. Thanks again for all the help guys.

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    i was wondering the same thing..
    just clicked off 92 hours this past weekend..
    didnt want to pull the charger mid season if i didnt have to..
    figure ill probably be around 130ish by the end of the season..

Thread Information