Thread: Hey guys!

Hey guys!

Hello, I am new to the forums, but I just bought a RXP 05 model, so here I am.

+1
    welcome to the board. stick around and you will learn a thing or two. we are here to help!

Alright, nice work on your ski. I have been reading the riva forums for a while now, but I hadn't found a need to post untill recently. I went ahead and got the opas blocked off, was this wise? Also, how should I break in the RXP? And does that plastic ring around the propeller wear real fast? I thought it would of been stainless steel

+1
    Yes, blocking off the OPAS was a very wise choice. Your ski will feel much lighter and it will track straighter over chop.

During breakin just be sure and vary the throttle position. Be sure and give it some 3/4 throttle burst every so often for about 10 seconds each. Do this for the first 3 hours of operation. After that do WOT bursts. Once you reach 10 hours ride it like you stole it

The plastic wear rings in the pumps seem to last okay, but when you start to modify your ski to incrase the horsepower the wear rings tend to burn up. Bruce Taylor of Xtreme Jetsport makes a very nice stainless steel wear ring. He can be contacted at 504-281-0313. Tell him Green Hulk sent ya!

Okay, thanks. I might look into the stainless steel ring if/once my current one goes out. I tested the RXP and the GP1300R friday, and got the RXP....and i still havent taken it home yet lol. Today i took my RX in to get it put on the double trailer, but they opas wont come in until monday . So i once i get the ski to the house, I'll take a picture. I plan on going to the beach this coming weekend so I can prolly get some in action pics !

+1
    looking forward to seeing the pics. have fun!

just picked up the RXP today and it looks sweet. Sorry was gonna get some pics for ya, but after I took all the sales code stickers and inter cool and emissions stickers off and washed it and my RX; I was tired and it was dark. So I'll try and get some pics saturday before I go to the beach.

Thread Information