Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hulk do you know anything about a Power Pipe?

Hey Jerry, I just spoke to Glenn and he told me that you had put up pics of some power pipe set up that he is going to be selling soon. I went on your site but I was unable to find them . Could you please enlighten me

+1
    Power pipe??? That may be what he is calling his new mandrel bent stainless steel pipe that replaces the rubber hose going from the waterbox to the exhaust outlet piece.

Here is a pic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture_013_451.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	75  

Ohhh that's what he is talking about. Ok I did see that picture already. Do you know if the performance would not be as good if it was to be attached to a modded water box vs a stock water box The reason I ask is because I told him I was going to mod my water box and he told me to wait since he is going to coming out with these really soon. I was thinking about it after I got off the phone with him and I should have asked him what he meant by saying that. I just want to make sure before if and when I mod my water box.

+1
    I have no idea about any performance gains as I havent tried one yet. I imagine that it will flow better as the stock rubber hose pulses and has irregularities in it. The stock rubber hose will eventually need to be replaced too and this new power pipe will last forever. It's definatley a nice piece to have.

Any idea on a Release Date

Glenn stated that it should be out within the next 30 days. He sounded really confident about the release date.

You can also go to a muffler shop and have them bend you a scrap piece of pipe for the fraction of the cost. Then I guess if you want to make it look nice as ppg pipe you can use some high temp paint and put a sticker on it also.

+1
    I wonder how much that piece will be. Looks expensive. Or I mean it looks like he may charge a lot for it.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrin
    I wonder how much that piece will be. Looks expensive. Or I mean it looks like he may charge a lot for it.
    please do not quote me on this... but i want to sat i read on the boards that we're only looking at a few bucks for this pipe.... i hate to give a number and be EXTREMELY OFF..... but i don't think it was any more than 25-30 bucks honestly... hopefully we will find out exactly very soon.

Shibby1485 wrote:
    i hate to give a number and be EXTREMELY OFF..... but i don't think it was any more than 25-30 bucks honestly... hopefully we will find out exactly very soon
    Your joking right If the stock hose costs approx. $57.00, how is an aftermarket part that is better made and supposed to deliver better performance going to be cheaper than the stock part I don't know about you but I have yet to see performance aftermarket parts that are cheaper than stock parts. Also consider this. The 8 inch free flow tube from Riva is approx. $50.00. The approx. 5 inch free flow tube from PPG I believe is $15.00. The stock hose is approx. 40 inches of hose. Considering these figures, the cost you would be looking at would be $250.00 from Riva or $120.00 from PPG for a straight pipe. Considering that the pipe is not straight, needs to be bent and it is painted, it should be safe to assume that the cost of the Power Pipe is going to be more than $120.00.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information