Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

No wonder why jet ski sells are down. They are couches now, no more fun factor!

Seadoo needs to bring the X4 hull back. I would rather buy a jet boat than any of the couches they sell today. No wonder why jet ski sells are down. You could buy an X4 110 for anywhere btw/ $6000 and 6500 brand new in the middle to late '90s and now you have to spend twice that for a boring barge. WTF! Could you imagine how much more profitable it would have been if Seadoo decided to make the X4 hull with the 951 di motor in it instead of that 3D di joke of a ski they spent so much money into building. Eventually Seadoo, Yamaha and Kawasaki need to realize that the top speed war is over b/c every manufacturer has a huge ski that meets the Coast Guard 65 mph limit. And that us buyers are no loner just worried about top speed, but shear fun factor. If one of the 3 made a small and fun ski they would own a whole class to themselves. I know I would buy an X4 951 di for $8000 and it should be comparable performance wise to what they are making now.

In the atv world Yamaha brought their carbed YFZ 450 back and stopped production of their fuel injected YFZ 450X. They are still making the YFZ 450R MX width model that has the fuel injected motor. They did it because more buyers can afford a $6800 atv instead of a $8000+ atv with comparable performance. It is time that the jetski world take this advice and put it to work!

Thanks, Aaron

I'm trying to figure out how to install satellite and a TV to my couch, anybody know? That way while I'm cruising down the river at 50-60mph I can watch my favorite programs. While I'm at it, what do you think my chances of mounting a small refridgerator would be?

+1
    My thoughts used to be very similar to yours "until I drove one". My RXP-X, and RXT were BY FAR the best watercraft I have ever been on. I love the fact that I don't choke on a cloud of smoke when I'm idling in a no wake zone, and the power is incredible.
    I would line up my old stock RXT against any stock two stroke in a grudge race, I would have said the P-X but that just wouldn't be fair

+1
    There's a TV being developed that replaces the LCD gauges with an LCD TV. Should be a great addition to our couches! A mini refrigerator is also being designed to strap directly onto the rear of the ski!

Anyways, I really do love my RXP-X but at times I do wish I could have the size of the older skis back to play around and have a bit more fun with.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Not trying to Praise or brand promote, just to re-enforce what Aaron is saying. Yamaha came out with the VXR/VXS last year. It's by far their best seller. Why? I believe its because its smaller and more agile than its S/C big brothers, while still having huge power with the 1.8L N/A motor. The list price is a few grand less than the larger ski's as well.
    My point is, there is a huge market that the big 3 are missing out on. Build an affordable, fun ski that has some zip to it and they wont be able to keep them in stock.

Building bigger, more powerful PWC's with tons of bells and whistles is only appealing to a small group. And, that group is shrinking as the prices goes up.

6. +1 by:

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoolball23 View Post
    Seadoo needs to bring the X4 hull back. I would rather buy a jet boat than any of the couches they sell today. No wonder why jet ski sells are down. You could buy an X4 110 for anywhere btw/ $6000 and 6500 brand new in the middle to late '90s and now you have to spend twice that for a boring barge. WTF! Could you imagine how much more profitable it would have been if Seadoo decided to make the X4 hull with the 951 di motor in it instead of that 3D di joke of a ski they spent so much money into building. Eventually Seadoo, Yamaha and Kawasaki need to realize that the top speed war is over b/c every manufacturer has a huge ski that meets the Coast Guard 65 mph limit. And that us buyers are no loner just worried about top speed, but shear fun factor. If one of the 3 made a small and fun ski they would own a whole class to themselves. I know I would buy an X4 951 di for $8000 and it should be comparable
    performance wise to what they are making now.

In the atv world Yamaha brought their carbed YFZ 450 back and stopped production of their fuel injected YFZ 450X. They are still making the YFZ 450R MX width model that has the fuel injected motor. They did it because more buyers can afford a $6800 atv instead of a $8000+ atv with comparable performance. It is time that the jetski world take this advice and put it to work!

Thanks, Aaron
    Well said............i'd like to the the Xp Hour glass shaped hull back.

8. +1 by:

+1
    No offense but you all are a dying breed...The days of the small light x4 boats is gone....2 strokes are gone...The few that are left who want the small light skis are NOT the market share.

And I beg to differ on the sales shrinking on new PWC, cause we are selling the shit out of Sea-Doo's right now...Cant give a Yamaha away if we tried, they have a boring tired line up..The VX is slow, too small and not stable enough...The FZ line, well, it doesnt handle in STOCK form. And they have had soooo many problems with the new FX during assembly it shut down the production line 4 or 5 times this year

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    Not trying to Praise or brand promote, just to re-enforce what Aaron is saying. Yamaha came out with the VXR/VXS last year. It's by far their best seller. Why? I believe its because its smaller and more agile than its S/C big brothers, while still having huge power with the 1.8L N/A motor. The list price is a few grand less than the larger ski's as well.
    My point is, there is a huge market that the big 3 are missing out on. Build an affordable, fun ski that has some zip to it and they wont be able to keep them in stock.

Building bigger, more powerful PWC's with tons of bells and whistles is only appealing to a small group. And, that group is shrinking as the prices goes up.
    yes sir...I bought a 2012 VXR as a second ski...it looks big , but acts small , with big power , a lot of fun to ride , very nimble and quick , but wont throw you off in dangerous waters (swamp,salt ,coral,etc) Yamaha went the right direction with the VXR and it would be nice to see some more smaller simpler ski's...like the XP..imho

What YAM did with the VXR/S, I am sure other OEMs have taken note and will answer the Bell too. I agree with an earlier Post in this thread in that some of the larger Skis now are approaching "boat" status . . . and the price is approaching boat status too. I believe there are alot of people today who want performance in a just "gas and go" platform with small maintenance requirements. Again, the VXR/S nailed this area right on the head too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    What YAM did with the VXR/S, I am sure other OEMs have taken note and will answer the Bell too. I agree with an earlier Post in this thread in that some of the larger Skis now are approaching "boat" status . . . and the price is approaching boat status too. I believe there are alot of people today who want performance in a just "gas and go" platform with small maintenance requirements. Again, the VXR/S nailed this area right on the head too.
    +1 love my VXS

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information