+1

Holeshot kit question

Was looking at the islandracing holeshot kit. What is the difference between the standard valve and pro valve? And how much is the Jetworks Kit? Where can I find it?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 992door View Post
    Was looking at the islandracing holeshot kit. What is the difference between the standard valve and pro valve? And how much is the Jetworks Kit? Where can I find it?
    standard valve has shims to adjust pressure, pro valve just turn it and it adjusts pressure.

what does this kit do that makes you accelerate quicker?

A child of five would understand this. Go get one. pierowman's Avatar
    +1
    its keeping water out of the exhaust at idle. This makes it so the engine doesnt have to build up enough pressure to overcome the water in the exhaust before accelerating.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 992door View Post
    992door, if you do most of your riding on the tar river, not sure it would be a good mod for you. Where it will help will be a long no wake zone like at Grimesland or washington it will let you accelerate just as hard as if you had just come to a stop. The downside is if it gets blocked with sand/mud, you can burn up exhaust couplers. If you are doing a lot of dragracing from dead stop or jumping waves and need always instant acceleration , its nice. For river riding especially all the trash in our river, its more risky than beneficial.
    I live about 3 miles from port terminal ramp.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    992door, if you do most of your riding on the tar river, not sure it would be a good mod for you. Where it will help will be a long no wake zone like at Grimesland or washington it will let you accelerate just as hard as if you had just come to a stop. The downside is if it gets blocked with sand/mud, you can burn up exhaust couplers. If you are doing a lot of dragracing from dead stop or jumping waves and need always instant acceleration , its nice. For river riding especially all the trash in our river, its more risky than beneficial.
    I live about 3 miles from port terminal ramp.
    I gotta disagree with you. Ive done a ton of river riding and think the kit is very useful. If your concern is debris in the line, you can install an inline strainer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    I gotta disagree with you. Ive done a ton of river riding and think the kit is very useful. If your concern is debris in the line, you can install an inline strainer.
    Mostly the riding here is just take off and cruise for long stretches. I agree the kit is useful for acceleration but also wanted to share the potential downside. There are several threads where jetworks valve either failure, improper installation or filter/ valve got plugged up causing skis to sink, melt stuff or fill with water.

992door do some forum searches just so you are aware of risks and make informed purchase decision. Read the pros and cons. If you still want it, I'll give you a hand installing for 2 beers ( about the time it takes to install)
    Search things like " jetworks + melted"
    "holeshot + sink" "jetworks mod" etc
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41720
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8841
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17319

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    If you still want it, I'll give you a hand installing for 2 beers ( about the time it takes to install)
    Now thats a true Buddy right there Lol
    No question, if installed you must maintain it and monitor it consistantly.

Thread Information