+1

2000 GTI Question

Had the 2000 out about 2 weeks ago ran like a champ. Went to start it yesterday 2 beeps red light nothing. No starter, no turn over no nothing. Tried a brand new batter fully charged....same. Where should I start???

try testing a few thing to see if they are bad use a multi meter and see if you have power at the starter and at the solenoid check all your fuses in the front box and see what you get. might not be it but its a good place to start .

test for battery voltage at the starter post while pushing the starter button... If you have battery voltage at the starter post - remove the spark plugs and see if it will now turn over..

+1
    Thought I would let you know that I followed your advance to a tee and low and behold the rear electric box cover had "lost" a latch and was letting humidity and water in.....you can imagine what it looked like!!! Thanks for the good advice. One last thing, where do I go to get a new rear electric box for my 2000 GTI? Thanks again!

Ebay...

there are lots of guys on this site that have parts for sell to try the classifieds or post what parts you need.

+1
    Okay got the parts coming in. Now to re-wire. Is there a good "picture" or diagram that can step me thru the process? Alot of the internal connections were rusted to the point they broke when I tried to remove the bolts after rust treatment. So it is kinda hard to figure what goes where. Any pointers would be deeply appreciated.

download a shop manual - www.seadoomanuals.net

+1
    Downloaded the manual. I am less mechanically inclined that most. I am staring at the wiring of the rear electrical box and darned if I can figure it out. Where the two small black wires go, etc. Anyone have any pictures??? or less confusing schematics???

thanks

a Black wire is a ground wire - usually them will all connect together on the coil mounting bolt..

Thread Information