Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 Seadoo RXP Cavitation.. NEED HELP!

Hey guys i just recently purchased a couple rxp's one is a 05 which iv had no problems with and the other is a 07 with on 52hrs and well iv had nothing but problems with it!! First time i had it out it suffered bad cavitation then loss of power, replaced the clutch's on the s/c and the wear ring thinking i had to problem fixed and well i haven't.. stil horrible cavitation.. done some more research and i seen a couple things so i checked them.. one being the carbon ring i checked it and it looked fine no water in the hull so i pulled the pump back off and found a couple things, the seal that goes between the shoe and the pump has a small pinch.. i took a picture showing what i mean and second.. the shoe looks like a mess, missing all the teeth and it looks pretty rough.. so im down to seal, impeller, and the shoe.. Let me know what you guys think, does the shoe looks like i need to replace it and how hard of a job is it to do?

Thanks,
    Billy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo3.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	276143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo1.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	276141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo2.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	276142  

+1
    grind the veins off and give it a run. The prop doesn't look great, either. You can dress it up with a file in the mean time.

i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    +1
    did he used it too pump gravel?

clean up the tunnel and do what you can with the prop...

+1
    I think the seal being rolled over can cause cavitation.

I dunno what the guy did to it man, but its in rough shape for only 52hrs ... i took the pump to my local seadoo dealer when i changed the wear ring and they said the impeller would be fine, but i will file it down, do ya'll think if i replace the seal, and clean up the tunnel it will fix the problem? I'm hoping i won't have to replace the pump shoe.. Thanks for the quick response guys!

Billy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno454ss View Post
    I dunno what the guy did to it man, but its in rough shape for only 52hrs ... i took the pump to my local seadoo dealer when i changed the wear ring and they said the impeller would be fine, but i will file it down, do ya'll think if i replace the seal, and clean up the tunnel it will fix the problem? I'm hoping i won't have to replace the pump shoe.. Thanks for the quick response guys!

Billy
    I think you will be ok with out replacing the shoe.

+1
    You should be fine doing what you plan, but also make sure you cut/grind/sawzall/whatever what is left of the plastic teeth in the tunnel. When they are broken like that, they cause cavitation too, but when fully cut off, no cavitation. Many of us have had to remove those teeth, and it causes no problem, and eliminates cavitation if they are broken.

thanks for the help guys, i'll let ya'll know if this fixes the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    You should be fine doing what you plan, but also make sure you cut/grind/sawzall/whatever what is left of the plastic teeth in the tunnel. When they are broken like that, they cause cavitation too, but when fully cut off, no cavitation. Many of us have had to remove those teeth, and it causes no problem, and eliminates cavitation if they are broken.
    +1
    I used a tin snips to cut the fins off then grinded them down with a dremel and I have zero cavitation now with the help of a new carbon seal and wear ring

Do you guys think this will be good enough? i got it as smooth as i could, it was ate up pretty bad...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo4.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	276438

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information