05 r12x novice questions.

Just bought this machine, didnt have any problems when i test rode it. But about 2 tanks into my new owner ship its starting to act up. WHen i first test rode it, it had a problem idling and seems like the fuel was bad. So i got the guy to do a little tune up before i went and did my final test ride, and he changed the sparkplugs and fuel filter, and put a bottle of seafoam in the gas and it ran awesome. So i picked it up for 3500$. It has 112 hours on it.

Got a bunch of questions so bare with me.

I took it out this passed weekend, and i rode it to go get some gas out on the water, didnt realize i left the kill switch on the machine, and when i finished fueling it didnt want to start. A battery symbol was showing up on the display, it was turning over very fast and after about 5 minutes of trying to start and give it gas it sputtered to a go. Could this be my battery? Or is there another issue im overlooking?

Do these things require premium gas? When i was out on the water all i could get was 87 octane fuel. I ran premium right before and was only at a half a tank when i filled up with the 87 octane.

Reading around this forum has me believing that my turbo has a problem with it. At times the engine will stutter and not accelerate passed 2600-3200 rpms (around 17mph) Ill let off and then when i get back on the gas itll accelerate to about 35mph and start to stutter again. I let off and get back on it and itll run fine after that but feel a bit sluggish. It does this at random and sooner or later it runs fine. Could this be casued from the turbo not working correctly? What can i do to check the turbo to see if its functioning correctly? Kind of figured out its when under a load it does it alot more. It did this with premium and regular gasoline. Also read about the wastegate sticking? Is there something i can spray on both components to get these running correctly?

Another thing i noticed is completely opposite of the engine sputtering. From a dead stop or when doing sharp turns, if i full throttle the engine, it goes straight to the rev limiter and once it plains out itll grab and rev correctly. Kind of like a slipping clutch would do. ( i know these things dont have a clutch but thats how it is acting) Could this be a impellar problem?

Also the ski didnt come with any manuals of any sort. Is there somewhere i could down load the owners and service manual? I wanna start wrenching on this thing but i dont like to have no guidance.

Whats a decent price for a good service around yall?

Sorry for the long post. New to the jetski scene!

Jax, Florida
    You should buy a set of plugs from Advance Auto Parts for $10+ each and see how much of your problems they correct. You alos may need a new main relay [yours will fail] for about $70.

Im having quite a bit of trouble finding parts online. Where exactly can i get this main relay? Or whats the partnumber?

What does that cause to happen?

The ski is bi-polar. Went and rode yesterday and at first on smooth water it ran terrible, it stutters and doesnt want to accelerate. I let off the gas and about 2-3 seconds later i give it a little throttle and it wants to accelerate awesome! As soon as i hit some waves that get the ski a little out the water. It wants to stutter and stop.. Let off the gas and get back on it then its okay. I let it sit for about 20 minutes and my girlfriend takes it out and says its running fine. So i get on it and bam running amazing for the rest of the day... Before we went out i checked the turbo and everything and it spins freely and all..

Are these things supposed to smell like gas very strongly? Might be part of my problem? Gas leak somewhere?

Thread Information