Fishing trip out of montegut, la

Saturday morning I left out of montegut and went to Terrebonne bay and the rigs around there to try to caught some specks. I caught fish constantly all day but sadly it was sharks, spanish mackerel and huge sea cats. I caught plenty of trout also but mostly were kinda on the small side. I ended up being with about 15 nice sized specks all around 14 to 16 inches. But sadly with the extra weight of the fish and my I've my PVC rack slowly started falling apart piece by piece wave after wave. So I had to choose either chance loosing all my gear or get rid of the fish and ice to make it back to my camp with everything else. Luckily I found a group of guys that weren't having much luck fishing that day and gladly took the fish off my hands. (I think they were gla my rack fell apart do they don't have to go home empty handed). Well needless to say I'm welding up and all aluminum rack used 1/2 inch rods. Hitting waves at 60-65 mph takes it toll on PVC. I'll be posting a picture of the rack as soon as I finish fabricating it. Well it was a good first trip fishing on my jetski nevertheless I am definetly hooked and will be going back next weekend. Here are a few picture of my trip. Next time I'll be bring my gopro do I'll bramble to share a great video experience. Also the reaction of the other people out there fishing was priceless I was amazed on how many people took out their cameras an took pictures of me fishing. I think I might have started a new trend out here. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get off of work and have access to my computer since you can't post picture from a phone
    Last edited by Brandon Saucier; 07-04-2012 at 08:18 PM.

+1
    Brandon,
    Glad to see you had a good trip other than your rack issue. You should definitely build another one using 3/4. I have one and love it. It is solid as a rock. I wouldn't change it for anything! 83gator designed a must have rack. Sorry I couldnt make your trip with you!
    Btw... You can post from your phone, I do. You have to purchase the tapatalk app. I love it and that's all I use. Very easy to navigate. Till our next pwc fishing trip.... Take care!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341575283.823227.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	276540Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341575300.281099.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	276541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341575318.749273.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	276542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341575344.626925.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	276543

+1
    I so bad want to hook up w/you guys for some PWC fishing... looks like maybe late summer - early fall before I'll have the opportunity.

+1
    Believe it or not I've talked my father into pwc fishing. All I had to do was mention offshore pwc fishing and he is all in. We are looking to purchase a used early 2000's 4stroke. Around the $4000 range. I can't wait to get my hands on it to rig it up for him. Pls let me know if someone comes across a decent deal. We are open to any 3seater.

I'll keep an eye out for you. Look on louisiana sportsman they have good steals on jetskis sometimes. An we defiantly need to get together and make a trip soon.

Thread Information