Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Possible Bad Pump Bearing???

Saturday we were on out on our usual lake, and noticed that at around 40 mph we had a slight vibration, and that when we turned the ski hard right and hard left at that speed a new sound was heard. Almost like a loud hum (kinda hard to tell). Although the ski didnt seem to perform any different, especially on straight runs or slight turns, only when turned hard and around that speed. If going faster or slower we didnt notice it. Got it home and was cleaning it up, ran it without the seats on with hose, and man I could head a really bad chatter out of what seems to be a bearing wherer the driveshaft (not sure if thats what it is called) goes through the hull.

Ski only has 13 hours on it.

Would like to know peoples thoughts and suggestions?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    could be bad bearing or the prop could be loose. is it a 250/260x or 300x?

Mine makes the same sound at just under that speed. I have 2010 bearing setup and replaced it again just to ease my mind but still the same noise. It's a very uncomfortable feeling and noise, but I know two others that said the same thing.

its a 300

do i have to be worried about the motor now? I am reading some posts that suggest if you have a pump bearing go bad, the motor is prone to having issues?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by crxin View Post
    do i have to be worried about the motor now? I am reading some posts that suggest if you have a pump bearing go bad, the motor is prone to having issues?
    Its Probably just the water box vibrating if there is no loss in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Its Probably just the water box vibrating if there is no loss in performance.
    Yea thats possible, but what would the explaination for the chattering with the seats off, sounds pretty bad.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by crxin View Post
    Yea thats possible, but what would the explaination for the chattering with the seats off, sounds pretty bad.
    Pull the pump and inspect it or take it to the dealer u are still in warranty right ?

yea I have until July 5th for the warranty. We bought this ski last year new, some things happened and I didnt get much riding in.... So I have to run it up there tomorrow. The dealer is like 1 hour away just wanted opinions before driving it up there for nothing. Also may be a slight chance that they give me a hard time because of the scom/wastegate block of plate. I am thinking about taking it off tonight.....thoughts?

Banned User
    +1
    I would by the extended warranty GTP while u are there. As for the mods. That's up to you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information