Polaris sltx 1050 ignition testing!

I have a polaris sltx 1050 that im having starting problems with and can't figure out why
    Its acking like I have a weak battery but ive tried 2 brand new batterys and still the same im not getting enough volts to the cdi! Could anyone help me with testing the stator, cdi , hall sensor and lr module ! It just had the ignition update kit installed last season and only has 2 hours on it since I just don't know what else to do

one other thing i noticed is when i would leave all the spark plugs in the motor and use a saparate plug to test for spark i cant get it to spark
    but when i pull all the plug and leave the engine open and crank with all 3 spark plugs hooked up and ground on the cylinder head bolts it sparks
    like its sapose to what could be causing some much drain on my eletrical system???

should go buy a spark plug tester from the local auto parts store. Check voltage at battery while cranking with plugs in. Must be 10.6 volts or higher for the cdi to work properly. It should be 11.?? for best results. Could your batteries be weak. Are they the cheap walmart jobs. are you charging them for 6-12 hours at 2 amps or trying to fast charge them? do a google search for "google polaris electrical system". That will bring up the info on ignition and electrical system. It also explains how it all works.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dswelch View Post
    ... Do a google search for "google polaris electrical system". That will bring up the info on ignition and electrical system. It also explains how it all works.
    Or just click on my signature links

ive read all the info in the signature link but i dont under when it says!
    (The Gray wire from the Hall Effect sensor is the negative side, and is grounded inside the electrical box, through the CDI.
    If the stator wires are all unplugged from the CDI and electrical box (as they should be for ohm testing), then there should be infinite or near infinite ohms (open connection) between all of the Hall Effect sensor wires and the engine block.
    Gray, Brown, Red, Blue, Green
    Per the attached diagram, the Hall Effect sensor can be tested by powering it with a 9 volt battery, and rotating the engine slowly to observe the resistance change as each flywheel trigger magnet passes the sensor.
    - Positive 9 volts connects to the Brown stator wire, Negative 9 volts to the Gray wire (Gen III domestic stators only).)

i get every thing except! what wires do i test to see the resistance change??

Thread Information