Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy A Noob needs MAJOR HELP!

Hey guys, I'm new here and saw you guys have some seriously helpful tips and tricks so I figured I would drop my bomb on you guys and see if you can help me out.

To make a long story short my wife was dismounting from her 04' RXP onto the dock under some seriously choppy conditions, timed it all wrong and tucked the storage cover under the dock right before getting off, causing the plastic on the storage cover and front grill to catch on the dock and break all to hell.

The ski itself is in perfect mechanical condition but it looks seriously screwed up from a visual standpoint.

I heard that BRP is no longer making this part (269501384) and I JUST bought this jet ski so I'm pretty pissed. Are there any options for me to fix this eyesore? Is the front storage cover interchangeable with any other model year? Her ski is yellow so the part I'm looking for is silver.

Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated.

Once again, thanks for any help in advance... I look forward to getting to know you guys.

- Heavy-T

I think the fronts are are pretty much the same till they changed the hull so up to 09. You can get them painted to color match. I cant guarantee any of this but its something to look into

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy-T View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new here and saw you guys have some seriously helpful tips and tricks so I figured I would drop my bomb on you guys and see if you can help me out.

To make a long story short my wife was dismounting from her 04' RXP onto the dock under some seriously choppy conditions, timed it all wrong and tucked the storage cover under the dock right before getting off, causing the plastic on the storage cover and front grill to catch on the dock and break all to hell.

The ski itself is in perfect mechanical condition but it looks seriously screwed up from a visual standpoint.

I heard that BRP is no longer making this part (269501384) and I JUST bought this jet ski so I'm pretty pissed. Are there any options for me to fix this eyesore? Is the front storage cover interchangeable with any other model year? Her ski is yellow so the part I'm looking for is silver.

Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated.

Once again, thanks for any help in advance... I look forward to getting to know you guys.

- Heavy-T
    E-bay Brother, I know it's not Silver, but you can always rattle can it just to get by if you don't want to pay a local shop to shoot it. Another member around here actually shot a replacement hood with a black rattle can, and it didn't come out half bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Sea-Doo...e5af15&vxp=mtr

+1
    Check eBay or Craigslist there are a lot of people parting out skis.
    Other years will work but colors will be different.

Is there a particular series of years that will work? I can deal with black or white or something... I just don't want a huge hole

NVM - I just saw that he posted 04 - 09... I'm looking into it now. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Heavy-T; 07-02-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: I'm an idoit

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy-T View Post
    Is there a particular series of years that will work? I can deal with black or white or something... I just don't want a huge hole

NVM - I just saw that he posted 04 - 09... I'm looking into it now. Thanks guys!

04-09 RXP and 08-2010 RXP X will fit

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    You just need the upper storage bin hood, and chrome front trim?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    You just need the upper storage bin hood, and chrome front trim?
    Correct! For a Yellow RXP

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Yellow..... so you need the entire hood then. Keep in mind that the 06+ hoods have a different gauge cluster.

+1
    Would be best to find an 04-05 because as BD stated the 06+ cluster mounting is different. However you could use a newer style but would need a little trimming for the older cluster to fit. I have everything you need from an 05 but in green.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information