Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RPM issue, dont think charger

So this past weekend I was out on my 06 RXP with mods. See mods below. The X-charger only has about 4 hours on it. So I was riding it for a bit. Beating on here and there and crusing around for a bit. I came to a stop then punched it a the rpm only went to 6600 about and then worked there way up to 7200 and stayed there. I shut it down and pulled the seat to isnpect all clamps and such. Everything was good. So I put the seat back on and fired it up and it idles fine and punched it and it went to 7200 rpms then like hesitated a bit went to 7400 and did that a few more times untill it went to the 8120 that it normally runs and ran fine from there on out. Fuel was about 1/2 tank and is good fuel because i was using the same fuel in my 05 rxt which had no problems and the fuel is ethanol free as well. Well after riding some more and getting off and riding again it did again and same think eventually went back to the 8120 and ran perfect the rest of the weekend. I am thinknig possibly fuel pump starting to go or possibly strainer on end of pump may be getting clogged. WHat do you guys think? By the way charger had new washers and bearings installed about 4 hours of use ago and have never had this problem till now. Have a hard time thinking its the charger slipping since it starts to work fine again about 5 minutes later and ran fan for like 5 hours then messed up again once more and then ran fine the rest of saturday and all day sunday. What you guys think?

I've had this happen if the key or the DESS post is not making good contact, it will surge and lose power and make you think all kinds of bad things are happening with the SC, then it will mysteriously get better

+1
    Run a double dose of fuel injection cleaner in the gas..
    Injectors that are plugged will do that also.

could be moisture settling out in the tank as well, if its humid and cools down at night you will have condensation in the tank

Well i doubt it moisture because there skis werent in the water untill 2pm that day and it was f-ing hot out but not to humid where i was at with them. I was up north not in illinois where i live. I was think it was a fuel issue though such as pump getting weak or injectors dirty. But there injectors only have 4 hours on them as well do i doubt its the injectors. Any other ideas guys? Also I know it wasnt the key because I have had that problem before with the key and I did just remove it first and put it back on but the problem was still there this time. Also tried my other key for my RXT as they are cross programed as well and it did the same.

+1
    He means that gas in a tank attacking moisture while sitting in ur garage.
    Then when u run it the moisture that's collected is burnt thru the system.
    If the ski has set for any length of time its always good to burn out or pump out gas and change plugs AFTER THE FIRST TANK is used..

+1
    I had very similar issues that turned out the intercooler. The leak was small enough that the symtoms were intermittent at first. I'm honestly not sure how prone the stock rxp internal intercoolers were to leaking though.

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    He means that gas in a tank attacking moisture while sitting in ur garage.
    Then when u run it the moisture that's collected is burnt thru the system.
    If the ski has set for any length of time its always good to burn out or pump out gas and change plugs AFTER THE FIRST TANK is used..
    TRHe ski has been run multiple times this year and has had about 6 tanks run through it. 2 tanks were run through it this weekend. The ski is run almost every weekend. So like i said no moisture problem. You would have to have so much moisture in the fuel for it to cause my problem the ski just wouldnt run like that for 2 minutes then run fine again. I know it has nothing to do with quality issues guys. I guess next weekend I will carry a fuel pressure gauge with me since I am a chrysler tech and have one and if it acts up I will slap the pressure gauge on it and see what the pressure is doing

anyone else?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ndarimont View Post
    anyone else?
    I would wait till we get back to NORMAL temps as the heat and humidity we have right now LOVES to play havoc on our skis...Along with all that you could also be experiancing heat soak...So wait till next week when we get back in the mid 80s to see what she does then i would go from there...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information