98 slxh does not turn over - sat up for a couple of years

I have 2 diferent skis,

98 slxh and 99 slx. They sat up for too long. New battery installed but only a single click when try to start. I can hear the click from inside the electrical box. The other one actually sounds like something is arching so I stopped. Could the first one be
    a locked up starter? Can somebody please point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help.

Did you charge the battery for 6-12 hours at 2 amps? Check voltage of battery first. try removing spark plugs, then try again. It sounds like it's frozen.

Where is your starter selinoid on that ski? Using a pair of pliers jump the two large postive posts on the selinoid to verify the selinoid is working properly.

I'm sure some of these guys have some quick and dirty ways to get it broke loose, but I wouldn't expect much if it wasn't fogged with oil before you put them up last. could be all kinds of rust in crank case, cylinders, etc...

If you still have no luck, pull the heads off and check cylinder condition. It might give you some idea of how bad the mosture effected it.

On the one that sounds like it's arcing, check red cables for tight connections. there's not much that could be arcing besides them in the elctrical system. Does it turn over?

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think to pull the plugs and try. I guess I was thinking starter and not junked up inside. They were not fogged. The other one does not turn over either but has something going on electrical because it is not even clicking but like I said, it sounds like something is arcing.

If anybody has any ideas, I would sure like to hear them.

Thread Information