2010 Kawasaki STX 1500F -

Jet ski was launched without plug, and filled up with water. We know how to treat the 2 strokes - what should I know about drying out the 4 strokes?? ( P.S. - I didn't do it)

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Remove airbox and drain and let dry. Drain the oil and refill with cheap oil. Open up the drain hole on the bottom of the intake manifold and let drain. Pull the spark plugs and crank until no more water comes out. Pour some denatured alcohol down the plug holes and repeat. Check the oil for chocolate milkshake (you will know it when you see it.) Drain and refill oil until its all clean. Replace plugs and air box once no more water comes out of the plug holes and try to start. Run the motor and change oil again and filter. Run and check the oil periodically for the next few hours.

Sean

Thank you. Not sure what denatured alcohol is and where can I find it?

I figured out what denatured alcohol is. Thank you very much - much appreciated

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Its just a good cleaner but the alcohol acts as a drier and helps get the water out and its flammable so it doesn't just sit there.

Sean

Problem...

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Remove airbox and drain and let dry. Drain the oil and refill with cheap oil. Open up the drain hole on the bottom of the intake manifold and let drain. Pull the spark plugs and crank until no more water comes out. Pour some denatured alcohol down the plug holes and repeat. Check the oil for chocolate milkshake (you will know it when you see it.) Drain and refill oil until its all clean. Replace plugs and air box once no more water comes out of the plug holes and try to start. Run the motor and change oil again and filter. Run and check the oil periodically for the next few hours.

Sean
    I have done all the above, as I've done several times before on other ski's, but this time I got 1 out of the 4 cylinders not running. I can tell this by the noise of the engine and of coarse a cold, wet spark plug (fuel not water). I did compression check and i got a little more then 175 on that cylinder, and seeming how the plug smells like fuel I'm assuming the injector is working... any other ideas would be appreciated.

Jetski Joe

I was thinking while i was typing the last response and i decided to check spark, and i found no spark on #4 only... figuring there are only 2 coils I'm thinking it should be the wire or plug cap. thanks for anyone's help the could provide.

Jetski Joe

Try a new plug wire for the #4 plug.

BTW, how's compression on other holes?

I just ordered the wire for the #4, all cylinders check good on compression... 175+

Jetski Joe

Thread Information