+1

What are best (in hull) cold air upgrades?

What are the best (IN HULL) cold air upgrades we can do on the 300x that actually work?
    I have done nothing at all in this area and feel i really need to do something to get the most performance out of my ski. It was 104 degrees friday( heat index 120) i was only able to get 72.1 on GPS. So which of these work?
    Removing front air tubes?
    R&D (front) cold air filter? ( the one that goes under storage area in front of seat)?
    Rivas cold air Intake?
    shortning the rear air tubes?(Hoses)
    Which of these work and are worth fooling with? and are there any more?
    Im Thinking in this heat the solas would work better pitched 14/20 instead of 14/21 to get a little more RPM`s. I think mine was 7720-7740 max on friday.

I keep looking at the fake air intakes in the front wondering if there was a way to make them real!! I also would love to get some cooler air inside for the engine too.

+1
    i have the flat filter, shortened front tubes so as they are not pressed against the walls,removed the recall plate, removed the rear tubes, i also purchased the oem intake air tube flange (the one that rivets to the hull) and fitted it inbehind the R/H cowling on the flat section similar to where the fuel tank filler passes through on the LHS then attached one of the tubes i removed from the rear to this pointing towards the rear of the ski it sits ontop of the fuel tank and finishes at the rear of the fueltank.
    i have an electric bilge fitted and ride in open ocean and lakes/rivers, ive never had an issue with water injestion.
    take into consideration your riding style if you constantly flip your ski or fall off due to the list it will fill up with water very fast with these mods. and tubes removed.
    any flat water racing and you can remove the front bucket, the lid rubber seal and the ecu cover, close the bonnet and cool air most definatly enters and pushes through this its a great gain.
    in saying that others i ride with who have kept their hull oem arent ever that far behind and heat isnt really an issue.

cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    i have the flat filter, shortened front tubes so as they are not pressed against the walls,removed the recall plate, removed the rear tubes, i also purchased the oem intake air tube flange (the one that rivets to the hull) and fitted it inbehind the R/H cowling on the flat section similar to where the fuel tank filler passes through on the LHS then attached one of the tubes i removed from the rear to this pointing towards the rear of the ski it sits ontop of the fuel tank and finishes at the rear of the fueltank.
    i have an electric bilge fitted and ride in open ocean and lakes/rivers, ive never had an issue with water injestion.
    take into consideration your riding style if you constantly flip your ski or fall off due to the list it will fill up with water very fast with these mods. and tubes removed.
    any flat water racing and you can remove the front bucket, the lid rubber seal and the ecu cover, close the bonnet and cool air most definatly enters and pushes through this its a great gain.
    in saying that others i ride with who have kept their hull oem arent ever that far behind and heat isnt really an issue.

cheers
    Where did you mount your bilge at? in front of engine or in the rear?

+1
    there about 100 pictures of it on here everytime someone new asks, its in the rear mounted on a plate on the rhs.
    here its all listed in here.

http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=851

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    What are the best (IN HULL) cold air upgrades we can do on the 300x that actually work?
    I have done nothing at all in this area and feel i really need to do something to get the most performance out of my ski. It was 104 degrees friday( heat index 120) i was only able to get 72.1 on GPS. So which of these work?
    Removing front air tubes?
    R&D (front) cold air filter? ( the one that goes under storage area in front of seat)?
    Rivas cold air Intake?
    shortning the rear air tubes?(Hoses)
    Which of these work and are worth fooling with? and are there any more?
    Im Thinking in this heat the solas would work better pitched 14/20 instead of 14/21 to get a little more RPM`s. I think mine was 7720-7740 max on friday.
    Your complaining about 72 ? I'd. Be happy if my ski was 72 constant. But I don't ride flat water ether. Fresh air mods help but not the end all be all quick fix. And hot air outside = hot air inside

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kawavent2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	276263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kawavent1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	276264 .....done these 2 cold intake mods using this waterproof but air transparent material...also shortened front hoses,,,stand up skis luv this stuff as they submarine under water...also have it on exhaust hose outlets mentioned on a different thread...I think I'm getting as much fresh cool air as I can with out water intrusion...

+1
    Put a few of those in the bulkhead, Pull the plug in the bottom of the fore peak so the water can drain down into the hull, and fill it with ice when you head out on the water. That will give you some cold air

+1
    to be honest i dont see how they could do anything unless you have a. removed your bucket, or b. you have modded the bucket and hood so as fresh air does get in the liner. if you havent you are just circulating hot air through the front compartment as it already has a perforated grate in the top section of the liner venting into the hot hull..

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kawavent2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	276263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kawavent1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	276264 .....done these 2 cold intake mods using this waterproof but air transparent material...also shortened front hoses,,,stand up skis luv this stuff as they submarine under water...also have it on exhaust hose outlets mentioned on a different thread...I think I'm getting as much fresh cool air as I can with out water intrusion...

Thread Information