Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

ET Low Boost vs. ET 15.5

I am looking to see some real world results from somebody that has run both of them including what kind of boost did you see at what rpm and which one you prefer. Also, for the 15.5 what sort of fuel/ECU setup were you running? Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    I am looking to see some real world results from somebody that has run both of them including what kind of boost did you see at what rpm and which one you prefer. Also, for the 15.5 what sort of fuel/ECU setup were you running? Thanks!
    I have asked the same questions and it looks like it is worth a couple of mph and getting a improved shaft is strongly recommended. R2/R3 with rising rate reg.

+1
    for realiability stick with the low boost wheel
    i get about 14 psi with mine at 8,600 revs, stock injectors ,84.5 mph best
    with the 15.5 wheel or high boost i was geting 15.8 @ 8650 revs , 86.7 mph best
    added 1,000cc injectors with the high boost
    i have the low boost setup in my ski now

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    The only reason I was looking at the 15.5 is I am thinking about upgrading to a 160 liner and prop and thought the added boost would help to offset any potential top speed loss from the 160. Basically I am wanting to hook up better but not lose topend... kind of a have my cake and eat it too situation I guess! lol Also, I think that it might be better on the motor to run higher boost at a lower rpm than slightly less boost but have to spin the motor hard to get it.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    Good info, For a mild ski and a reliable set up i will go with the low boost. for more agressive acceleration and speed 15.5.

+1
    With my conversion, I was running the ET15.5 with the V-Tech STG. III tune. It worked seamless with just a FPR and no power shot and stock injectors. I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. I don't have any boost numbers in comparison to the lower boost wheel, but since you asked about fueling etc with the 15.5 I figured I would share my setup. The setup ran extremely well and air fuel was spot on across the board.

7. +1 by:

+1
    The only reason I was looking at the 15.5 is I am thinking about upgrading to a 160 liner and prop and thought the added boost would help to offset any potential top speed loss from the 160. Basically I am wanting to hook up better but not lose topend... kind of a have my cake and eat it too situation I guess! lol Also, I think that it might be better on the motor to run higher boost at a lower rpm than slightly less boost but have to spin the motor hard to get it.
    Well not exactly. You could run lower RPM's, but you would be putting more stain on the stock internals ( rod, pistons, bearings) and as many have told you, you should upgrade them if you want to do higher boost or as Beerdart says "Boom!".

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Well not exactly. You could run lower RPM's, but you would be putting more stain on the stock internals ( rod, pistons, bearings) and as many have told you, you should upgrade them if you want to do higher boost or as Beerdart says "Boom!".
    If I run my Low Boost I will be spinning the motor to 8500 rpm or so and getting 14.5-15 lb of boost, but If I run the 15.5 wheel I can limit the rpms to 8350 and get the same or slightly (within 1lb) more boost. I don't see how that is extra strain when its almost the same boost but at less rpm.

+1
    With the high boost wheel are you running pump gas "91" friendly?
    My low boost wheel will be in my hands this week.
    Going to run it with the r3 flash and oem injectors.
    Wanting to tune the pump for 8500 to 8600 even though the flash limiter is 8850, with the riva internals i could run it on the limiter.
    My goal is to make it reliable and fast. As long as it can maintain 83 to 84 mph at 8500 rpms i will be very satisfied.
    Before i was running a c3/r2 and was having excellent performance with the oem pump. Played with a 160 sleeve and impellor and no matter how low the trailing edge was pitched the rpms would not get above 8100.
    Since the et lb is gonna perform better than the c3 a 160mm pump might work.. i guess i will find out.

+1
    If I run my Low Boost I will be spinning the motor to 8500 rpm or so and getting 14.5-15 lb of boost, but If I run the 15.5 wheel I can limit the rpms to 8350 and get the same or slightly (within 1lb) more boost. I don't see how that is extra strain when its almost the same boost but at less rpm.
    I would be concerned about detonation with 91 octane with a high boost wheel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information