Help a newbie out with a few questions about the seadoo rxp

Hey, my names mike, I live in north jersey, I have a chopped 53 bel air and a 59 impala, im new to pwc and Im looking at a 07 rxp 215 with a stage 3 and a rude 2 supercharger. and Id really appreciate it if you can help me out.

My questions is what is a fair price for one in nice shape with 60 hours in todays market?
    Is a stage 3 pwc as or more reliable than a stock one?
    How many hours should I expect out of the motor if well maintained and not to abused? I was told average is about 200hours before complete overhaul and another is close to a 1000 hrs trouble free?
    And i guess how is seadoo rxp? or should I go to another brand?

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

1. A fair price for the ski this time of year (mid-summer) will vary from one at other points throughout the year. KBB.com (while never extremely accurate in any department) has a watercraft section so you can get an idea of what you should be paying for the ski. Once you are around PWCs, you will just know what skis are worth.

2. Any mods or alterations make a ski less reliable.

3. You never know. These motors should be good for well over 300 hours. I know a guy who has a 2008 Yamaha VX Sport with 600 hours on it.

4. Stock 2007 RXPs are suppose to have their supercharger rebuilt every 100 hours. You can find a service manual for more maintenance information.

5. If you can ride different skis and different brands that would be the best thing to do in order to make the decision that is best for you. I know that is often unrealistic and hard to do, so do a lot of research and make the choice you feel is best. Everyone has their own opinion on the ski, the brand, the year, etc.

I dont see to many upgraded ones for sale, there a mint STOCK o6 rxp for 5700 bucks with the same hours, The 07 has the same hours and says the mods would cost over 6000 bucks and I think I can buy it for 6500 to 7000 . My main concern are the riva racing stage 3reliable and does a ski with 60 hours have a whole lot life left. Unfortunately I dont know anyone with a ski I can test drive, but Im leaning towards the rxp for 5500-7000 or the 2002 ultra 150 which still does 65 on the water for half the price

+1
    60 hours is not much. You said you live in North Jersey so it would seem a bit higher to people in the Northeast than down in Florida where they can put an easy 60 hours on a ski in half of a year. As far as reliability, that person has spent a lot of time and money on their engine. You have no idea how mechanically inclined they were or if everything was done correctly. It is a risk.

Well the owner told me all the work was done by a shop that specializes in riva racing equitment, but ya if he did it himself I would of walked away by now

+1
    Does he have paperwork to back that up? Some people will do anything to make a sale.

I guess I should go look it in person here it run and go from there and find out the name of the shop and ask for receipts, the owner was saying this would be more reliable because stock had leaks problems and this and that, as a true car guy I know how people can be bull shiters when it comes to selling there stuff, but this is out of my league and maybe its a fact or not that it would be a more reliable, longer lasting ski, and this is why Im here. I appreciate your input and what you and other people have to say

+1
    No problem. If you have a friend who knows anything about skis try and take him with you. Another option would be finding a marine mechanic who would be willing to go with you for a fee. This could be someone who runs their own private business or someone who works at the dealership and wants to make a little extra on the side.

+1
    60 hours is very low provided it has been maintained well.

My rxpx has similar mods to the ski you are looking at. I am at 130 hours, it gets ridden very hard. Still going strong.

Thread Information