Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I know another OIL question post (SORRY)

Hello All

I am new to owning jet ski's and could only afford mine used and of course I didn't get any owners manuals. I know SUCKER (lol) but I am in the process of trying to get one off of ebay. I am no stranger to being a mechanic but have little knowledge on these 02 & 03 Aquatrax the 02 is non turbo and the 03 has turbo.

So heres my problem.

We were out on the lake this weekend and flipped the skis over my wife was on the 03 turbo and when it flipped she was holding onto the jet end of the ski when it was upside down and almost sunk it. We got it back upright but had too many people to fit on one ski, so without knowing exactly how much water was in the hull and everybody else in a state of panic I tried to start it and filled the cylinders with water. Well we towed it bake to shore while being pulled behind the dead ski (NOT FUN) I pulled the plugs and got the water out of the cylinders and got it running again. And I know what you are probably thinking and your right WATER IN THE OIL Thanks to some post on here I was able to find out how to drain the oil. I was also able to find some driveworks oil filters (x2) and Havoline 10w40 5 QT jugs of oil and some seafoam to flush the oil/water. Now I need to find out the correct type of oil and filter to run and the correct way to check for the correct oil level.

PLEASE chime in with any help.
    Thanks in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Hello All

I am new to owning jet ski's and could only afford mine used and of course I didn't get any owners manuals. I know SUCKER (lol) but I am in the process of trying to get one off of ebay. I am no stranger to being a mechanic but have little knowledge on these 02 & 03 Aquatrax the 02 is non turbo and the 03 has turbo.

So heres my problem.

We were out on the lake this weekend and flipped the skis over my wife was on the 03 turbo and when it flipped she was holding onto the jet end of the ski when it was upside down and almost sunk it. We got it back upright but had too many people to fit on one ski, so without knowing exactly how much water was in the hull and everybody else in a state of panic I tried to start it and filled the cylinders with water. Well we towed it bake to shore while being pulled behind the dead ski (NOT FUN) I pulled the plugs and got the water out of the cylinders and got it running again. And I know what you are probably thinking and your right WATER IN THE OIL Thanks to some post on here I was able to find out how to drain the oil. I was also able to find some driveworks oil filters (x2) and Havoline 10w40 5 QT jugs of oil and some seafoam to flush the oil/water. Now I need to find out the correct type of oil and filter to run and the correct way to check for the correct oil level.

PLEASE chime in with any help.
    Thanks in advance.
    The best method is to use a Tempo oil sucker [6 Quart] from West Marine. Thread the small oil sucker tube into both the front dipstick hole and the rear oil plug under the turbo and suck out all you can get from both with the 'ski inclined rearward. Put back in 4.5 quarts [I use the Shell Rotella T6 from Walmart] and an OEM filter [I order them several at a time online from Honda of East Toledo]. Make sure that anyone who drives the ski from now on knows not to "Bulldog" the handlebars [by holding on after they fall of the side]. When they fall off and to ONLY reboard from directly behind it, never from the side. The bulldogging will flip the ski over just like the side reboarding. Change the oil and then run it for several hours to prevent internal corrosion from any residual water.

Ok so I took it out to the lake today to see how it would do (NOT GOOD) I could slowly get it up to about 30 MHP then the oil warning light would come on. Turn it off and restart it and keep it around 25 MPH I could ride for some time. Any ideas???
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Could it be?
    A. TOO much oil??
    B. Not enough oil??
    C. OIL FILTER??
    D. TOO thin of oil??
    E. Oil sending unit??
    F. Something else??
    HELP PLEASE!!!

+1
    Did you follow JRs instructions regarding type of oil to use and quantity to put in?

If you did then you will have the correct amount/type of oil in the engine and that won't be your issue

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to pull the codes on a 2003 Honda Aquatrax F-12X?
    I read a post somewhere that said.
    1. Ride the ski until it throws the code.

2. Push the mode for 2 or more seconds to make it quit beeping.

3. Then push the mode and set buttons at the same time for 5 or more seconds and it will start blinking out the codes.

Is this right? Or is there something else that I need to do cause I'm not getting any codes.

+1
    There is a sticky post [that never goes away] at the beginning of the Honda forums on PWCTODAY.com that goes over the proceedure and code meanings in detail.

Well the p.o.s. was running yesterday. I went and got 3 OEM oil filters today came back and changed the filter and now the dang thing won't start. I pulled the # 1 plug and pluged the coil back up and stuck the plug in it and turned it over a few times with the plug grounded and NO FIRE so does anybody have any clue???

+1
    Put a new main relay in it. They have close to a 100% failure rate. Read the posts from the past on it.

Where is the main relay located? I got it running again, I had looked at the fuses and they all looked good but just for shits and giggles I put the ohm meter on them and the coil fuse was bad but looked good. What a surprise. LOL just my luck it could be raining whores and I'd get hit by a fagget. No Offence to anybody.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information