GP1200R Riva D Plate

Hi everyone, newbie from Australia here. Long time lurker first time poster.

Just a question about the D Plate, rivaracing.com says;

NOTE: Installation requires additional fuel be supplied to motor to prevent lean conditions. Carbureted models may require replacing jets.

Has anyone had to do this or is this Riva just covering themselves? Just notice that a lot of people have the D plate installed but there's never really any mention of having to replace jets. However running lean can obviousy be catastrophic.

Thanks in advance.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shezalenko View Post
    Hi everyone, newbie from Australia here. Long time lurker first time poster.

Just a question about the D Plate, rivaracing.com says;

NOTE: Installation requires additional fuel be supplied to motor to prevent lean conditions. Carbureted models may require replacing jets.

Has anyone had to do this or is this Riva just covering themselves? Just notice that a lot of people have the D plate installed but there's never really any mention of having to replace jets. However running lean can obviousy be catastrophic.

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the forum, The 44 I body carbs run lean from factory. When i do a D plate i pop out the tamper proof caps and turn the mixture screws an additional 1/2 turn out from factory on lows and highs.

+1
    On both my 2001 GPR and my 04 XLT I installed the D-plate when new, and ran over 160 hrs on each without touching the carbs and had zero problems. However, if you decide to pull the carbs, go ahead and do the F/A change and rejet, you will NOT BELIEVE the difference and improvement, I wish I had done my XLT 8 yrs ago!

Ok thanks for the replies guys.

I'm pretty sure that the place i got it from (they rebuilt it) have done that extra turn as they said they'd taken measures to make sure what caused the seizure won't happen again....

But after umming and arring, will get the D plate I think, can't wait for the Aussie summer

Damn wish i had thought of this before i put my girlfriends xlt together. I kinda forgot it was lean from the factory. What jetting would you suggest for a stock xlt1200 with just a d plate? Just turning the low and highs out a half turn and good to go?

Thread Information