Thread: BOV blew off

BOV blew off

After 20 hours with the Riva cooler and HKS bov it popped off..... guess I didn't have it on good enough. Has anyone installed put it back on with I/C in the ski?? And what size O-ring does it take in case I cant find my in bottom of ski?

+1
    On a side note, I tried 2-3 different types of cheaper C clip pliers before finally pulling the trigger on a set of Craftsman Pro series pliers. It made my life so much easier.

+1
    I know Jerry sells the O-ring and a new C-clip as a kit in the online store, I just had to buy one for my wifes ski.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey R. View Post
    On a side note, I tried 2-3 different types of cheaper C clip pliers before finally pulling the trigger on a set of Craftsman Pro series pliers. It made my life so much easier.
    Same thing happened to me, got my fingers twice cus of shitty pliers, pulled the trigger in craftsman at sears. best of the best not scared of C CLIPS anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey R. View Post
    +1

+1
    The o-ring Riva supplies is way too thick. After mine popped off, I had a nice silicone o-ring sitting around from my car engine that was not as fat. The BOV went right in place pretty easily and is still completely air tight. I wish I would have measured it before I put it in place to let you guys know what size it was, but would recommend going to an autoparts store and getting one that is slightly thinner.

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    The o-ring Riva supplies is way too thick. After mine popped off, I had a nice silicone o-ring sitting around from my car engine that was not as fat. The BOV went right in place pretty easily and is still completely air tight. I wish I would have measured it before I put it in place to let you guys know what size it was, but would recommend going to an autoparts store and getting one that is slightly thinner.
    Exactly what this guy said.^^
    The C-clip is too thick or the powdercoating on the BOV inlet is not allowing the c-clip to seat properly in the groove. Saw this when I installed my Riva IC. Instead of buying a new clip, I just sanded the BOV inlet area until the powdercoating was removed before I installed the BOV. This allowed the c-clip to fit in the groove of the BOV inlet. No problems so far at 50 hours.

Got a 1 3/4od neo oring and it fit perfect c-clip popped right on and it feels tight. Test tomorrow.

Mine popped off yesterday on the way back to the ramp....I'm done with the BS C-Clip. I'm going with the Tial BOV.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gashog301 View Post
    After 20 hours with the Riva cooler and HKS bov it popped off..... guess I didn't have it on good enough. Has anyone installed put it back on with I/C in the ski?? And what size O-ring does it take in case I cant find my in bottom of ski?
    I had my BOV pop off as you described during practice. By the time Moto 1 came around, it was back on. It took two people to get in on their. If it came off...it was not on right in the first place more than likely. If you can turn it by hand, it is not on their right. And yes, it was put back on with the intercooler still in the boat.

12. +1 by:

Thread Information