Starting issues with Polaris slx 1050

I have a 1999 Polaris slx 1050. It has a new battery and new plugs. It will crank on the trailor and run fine. When it goes in the water it acts like it is not firing. I have to hold the gas all the way in and it will soon fire up and run. When it starts running it acts like it doesn't have enough power to go, it acts like the choke is on. Then all of of a sudden it takes off and runs and cranks the rest of the day with no issues???? Like I said, It has had new plugs in it for about two weeks and one of them still looks brand new, the other two is dark. Any suggestions?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dino08-1 View Post
    I have a 1999 Polaris slx 1050. It has a new battery and new plugs. It will crank on the trailor and run fine. When it goes in the water it acts like it is not firing. I have to hold the gas all the way in and it will soon fire up and run. When it starts running it acts like it doesn't have enough power to go, it acts like the choke is on. Then all of of a sudden it takes off and runs and cranks the rest of the day with no issues???? Like I said, It has had new plugs in it for about two weeks and one of them still looks brand new, the other two is dark. Any suggestions?
    Focus on the one that looks brand new... Get a spark tester, check for spark, make sure fuel is getting to the cylinder...

Banned User
    +1
    If you pump the throttle a few times the accel pump will squirt some fuel down into the carb throats. That may help get it going. After you get it going you say it runs fine?

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    If you pump the throttle a few times the accel pump will squirt some fuel down into the carb throats. That may help get it going. After you get it going you say it runs fine?

Nail. Head. Hit it.

Thread Information