2008 fx cruiser with intermitent power loss

puchased a 2008 fx cruiser with 30hrs a month ago, had initial issues starting it, replaced the plugs and fired right up. However i continue to have power loss after starting it, occasionally when I accelerate and when pulling a tube. It will also stall when I release the throttle at full speed (50-55mph. is there a fuel filter that could be plugged? at a loss

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by snprhead View Post
    puchased a 2008 fx cruiser with 30hrs a month ago, had initial issues starting it, replaced the plugs and fired right up. However i continue to have power loss after starting it, occasionally when I accelerate and when pulling a tube. It will also stall when I release the throttle at full speed (50-55mph. is there a fuel filter that could be plugged? at a loss
    welcome to the forum, No fuel filter just a screen on the bottom of fuel pump. By any chance did you happen to see if your air filter is full of oil because that will cause it.

will check that... thanks!! Any reason the air filter woudl be full of oil... anything serious. I'm pretty sure when I bought the machine it had sat for a couple of years. I'm running premium gas through it and will also try running some injector cleaner through it as well. thx

+1
    Usually a saturated air filter is from overfilling the ski with oil. Clean out oil from filter assembly box, replace the filter and you're good to go. Unfortunately, the filter is pricey at close to $100.

If replacement is unavoidable, you might want to go ahead and upgrade to:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=165

while you're at it you can also add:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=166

remember to use the code GREENHULK during checkout and get 10% off both upgrades.

i am located in Canada and it does not appear as though I can purchase RIVA air filters without spending a fortune on shipping... anybody know if there is a distributor in Canada that can supply an aftermarket upgraded air filter for this thing?

Hello!
    I have almost the same problem with my Yamaha FX160HO -07.
    I changed to Riva airfilter and Riva velocity stack kit, no improovment. My jetskis topspeed is only 43mph now! Before it was 58mph (before it start going bad). I use 95oct. gasoline.
    I also changed sparkplugs and oil + oilfilter before winter. Oil level is below maximum on the oil-stick.
    Any suggestions how to fix it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-27-940 (2).jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	278759
    Problem solved! 1 of the kables to sparkplugs was not connected.
    Now it goes 56mph.

Thread Information