Thread: Fx ho impeller

+1

Fx ho impeller

I will be purchasing a new impeller for my 2006 Yamaha fx ho and was wondering if anyone has a suggestion about which brand and pitch I should get. As of now I'm looking at a solas yg-df 14/20. Are there any others that I should be considering? Thanks.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbaird4000 View Post
    I will be purchasing a new impeller for my 2006 Yamaha fx ho and was wondering if anyone has a suggestion about which brand and pitch I should get. As of now I'm looking at a solas yg-df 14/20. Are there any others that I should be considering? Thanks.
    For a stock ski that's the one i would use.

+1
    Will it add much benefit over stock?

I put a solas 17/29 on my R-12x and wasn't super impressed... Would you be better off with velocity stacks, air filter and pump sealing? I'm sure your magic on a plate would help out too... I've got an 05 FXHO, so I'm curious for an answer too...

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cigarlust View Post
    Will it add much benefit over stock?

I put a solas 17/29 on my R-12x and wasn't super impressed... Would you be better off with velocity stacks, air filter and pump sealing? I'm sure your magic on a plate would help out too... I've got an 05 FXHO, so I'm curious for an answer too...
    If the stock impeller is fine then i would leave that but if it has damage the solas is a much cheaper fix, Now if you mod it then yes the solas will out perform the stock impeller.

Don't change just for top speed...

Quote Originally Posted by sbaird4000 View Post
    I have an 06 fxho and have researched this extensively. Do a ride plate if there is nothing wrong with your stock impeller. With only air intake and exhaust mods my ski does 61mph on gps..Save your impeller $$ until you damage the stock one.

I have done all the mods except the exhaust including the impeller. Unless the stock is damaged, I would invest my money in the velocity stacks and air filter. The impeller helped hook up and mid range some, but the biggest bang for the buck was the stacks and filter.

+1
    Thanks for the feedback. My stock impeller is chipped on the edges so I decided to purchase a new one because I sometimes bounce on the rev limiter when I take off at wot. I ordered the R&D air filter, R&D velocity stacks and the Riva free flow exhaust to go along with the new 14/20 and pump housing. Hopefully I see some low end gains, specifically take off.

Thread Information